Proposal: NYR-TOR

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Nope.

Dont see the Leafs and Rangers as good trade partners to be honest.

The only move I see between the two teams is McQuaid for a mid round pick or prospect. Toronto could use righty D depth and McQuaid has been solid in his own zone.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well the insiders on TSN have said plenty of times he was unwilling to include Kapanen/Johnsson as part of a package for Pesce, which is why a trade never got done.
There's a difference of not willing to trade Kapanen ++ for Pesce and YOUR claim of not willing to trade Kapanen for Pesce in which most of us know it isn't true.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
There's a difference of not willing to trade Kapanen ++ for Pesce and YOUR claim of not willing to trade Kapanen for Pesce in which most of us know it isn't true.
Well I mean you are also making an assumption that it was a ++ and not like a Kapanen a 2nd/3rd round pick and a boom/bust prospect of some sort....in which case yes the Leafs would not trade Kapanen for Pesce lol.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Would TML be interested in McQuiad for a 4th and Bracco?
Bracco is off limits. Especially, for a rental.

I can't deny that there may be interest in McQuaid at the deadline. The Leafs are likely hunting for toughness and/or a right shot defenseman. Drop the prospect and you might see this one go through come deadline day.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No but congrats on not making as brutal of a trade offer as the McQuaid offer in this thread. It's still not good however.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Funny this is like a Leafs proposal. Couple scrap pieces for a good player.

Not like the message board is littered with Rags fans looking to trade their over-rated pending UFAs for 1st + top tier prospects.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Not like the message board is littered with Rags fans looking to trade their over-rated pending UFAs for 1st + top tier prospects.

Its the deadline and were selling. Of course the team is gonna ask high.

Garbage Leaf proposals are littered throughout the board 365 days a year.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well I mean you are also making an assumption that it was a ++ and not like a Kapanen a 2nd/3rd round pick and a boom/bust prospect of some sort....in which case yes the Leafs would not trade Kapanen for Pesce lol.
Your have been saying it was Kapanen for Pesce which it wasn't, lol

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
The only move I see between the two teams is McQuaid for a mid round pick or prospect. Toronto could use righty D depth and McQuaid has been solid in his own zone.
I like the toughness McQuaid would bring, but doubt Dubas and Co. would be interested. I'm not sure where he would really slot in on our top 6 now that we brought Muzzin in, unless we shipped off one of Zaitsev or Hainsey. Which I would take both of them over McQuaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad