Waived: [NYR] Tony DeAngelo (Mod: No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not gonna lie I chuckled a bit. Yeah some people are going to have to eat massive crow on that one...

Looks like GMs finally are catching on that offensive Ds that have trouble defending are not something you want to really spend on when capspace is crucial. Especially if they come with a lot of other baggage...

Don't really think anyone will pick him up. The 4 teams with enough capspace seem like bad fits to me. Aside from maybe the Kings not strong enough lockerrooms to take a shot on DeAngelo IMO and even they have a ton of youth and LA doesn't seem like a good fit anyways for him..

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wow, I have no clue why the Rangers are waiving him. You would have thought that someone would have given up something for him. Even with his flaws, the dude can produce from the blue line. He's 100% getting claimed by Detroit or Ottawa, I'd be shocked if he made it beyond them.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Lol!!! What a dump!! What's the catch? Yea I read he's an ahole but there has to be more.

Man he could land almost anywhere and then dumped again or traded for a signed McDavid puck.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Wow, I have no clue why the Rangers are waiving him. You would have thought that someone would have given up something for him. Even with his flaws, the dude can produce from the blue line. He's 100% getting claimed by Detroit or Ottawa, I'd be shocked if he made it beyond them.

His flaws involve him being a bad person though

Not gonna lie I chuckled a bit. Yeah some people are going to have to eat massive crow on that one...

Looks like GMs finally are catching on that offensive Ds that have trouble defending are not something you want to really spend on when capspace is crucial. Especially if they come with a lot of other baggage...

Don't really think anyone will pick him up. The 4 teams with enough capspace seem like bad fits to me. Aside from maybe the Kings not strong enough lockerrooms to take a shot on DeAngelo IMO and even they have a ton of youth and LA doesn't seem like a good fit anyways for him..

Yeah his on ice play is definitely not why the decision was made

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Coyotes at least got a 2nd for Stepan*. It would be funny if the Coyotes picked him up. They need a RHS D, a PP guy, AND some youth on D. They won't claim him though - especially after the Mitchell Miller fiasco (and no I am not equating them as humans).

**Yes, that is a dig for the many, many comments laughing at the Coyotes for trading DeAngelo and a 1st for Stepan and Raanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad