Rumor: NYR to sign G Jonathan Quick

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Gonna be weird just bc we lost the cup to him but it's not a bad bet. Quick was actually good two years ago. Get him to work with Allaire and he should be able to give us what Halak did last year. Hopefully a 1x1 deal.

Quick grew up idolizing Richter and loved the Rangers.

Reactions: will1066

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I don’t know. It looked like the guy was cooked last year. It says something that Vegas would trade for Quick but when Brossoit gets hurt, they went with Adin Hill instead of him.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Not a fan of this but maybe just maybe Quick getting only 20 starts a year will keep him fresh and better than he has been the last few years.....

Who am I kidding this probably ends up just as bad as Nemeth.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Quick was a very good goalie and if the price is right we could do worse for a backup. Being from CT, growing up a Rangers and Giants fan makes it something that could be cool but it just feels so wrong when Hank lost his only Cup appearance to this guy and, if we actually get our shit together, could be a Cup contender with him in NY. Massively conflicted. Emotions aside, Quick could definitely be an X-factor as a quality backup who has won before. As a Rangers fan he’s like 2nd to Brodeur in terms of goalies you don’t wanna see in NY.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Laviolette and Quick are two borderline Hall of Famers. Patrick Kane, first ballot Rangers! How many twilight guys have they added that made it or were borderline? If they get in the team can count them as their H.O.Fer. Look at what a great program we must be running bc we got all these Hall guys. They probably count Cammi Granato.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I’ve always loved Quick, especially since we both idolized Richter growing up.

He was the last person I hated on that 2014 Kings team.

He’ll be fine as a backup, will be great to work with Igor and Benny on a daily basis and has roots close here. Looking forward to this move. He’s a f***in competitor.

Reactions: egelband

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
I actually think he’ll help a lot on the bench. It’s a different personality than Halok…even if the skills aren’t there.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Post 05 and having Hank between the pipes, if I was absolutely forced to pick another goalie for the team during that era it was Jonathan Quick for me. Bar none. Welcome aboard Quick.

Ya'll can fight me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2