Rumor: NYR to sign G Jonathan Quick

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Honestly I wasn't impressed with Halak last year. He was better in the second half of the season. His first half was awful. I think a backup for us might get less than the $1.5 mil Halak got. Whoever it is if he struggles a lot and if Garand takes the next step in Hartford he might get pushed out of some games by him. But then I know who Laviolette is.....I just don't know how he might adjust for players who struggle too much. There's a bit of unknowing going on.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
If true I imagine they are looking at special cap space provisions because of Quick's age. At 37 he's eligible for a league minimum contract with easily attainable bonuses pushing the cap hit til next year on the bonus overages. The Bruins did this with Bergeron last year.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Him getting his name on the cup (again) under the NYR and not Hank would piss me off and feel gross but other than that he’s just not that great so not really loving it but whatever. Lavy is gonna ride Igor anyway so it probably doesn’t matter much.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Him getting his name on the cup (again) under the NYR and not Hank would piss me off and feel gross but other than that he’s just not that great so not really loving it but whatever. Lavy is gonna ride Igor anyway so it probably doesn’t matter much.
We're not winning the cup so don't worry about it.

Reactions: Ail

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

What a ridiculous take. Jonathan Quick is the last guy or reason to be mad about that series.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad