Rumor: NYR to sign Bobby Trivigno

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This would be a good get, no? What is his upside? Small kid, but has a great motor.

Despite his size, Trivigno is always the most conditioned, disciplined and hardest-working player on the ice, according to Carvel. Not only will Trivigno’s consistency earn the trust of an NHL coach, Carvel said, but his speed and skating abilities should separate him from the pack as well.

“His will really kind of makes up for that difference in size,” Carvel said. “Throw a puck in the corner with him and anybody at this level, I don’t care how big the other person is, he’ll come out with it more times than not.

“We used to start almost every video session with him knocking somebody over twice his size.”

Sounds like Motte.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Tend to find myself agreeing with Pronman (ugh) that I'm not sure his skating will be good enough to stick at this level. He's a very good skater for the NCAA but not sure it is good enough at the next level given the rest of the package. But absolutely a good kid to take a shot on.
What, according to you and Pronman, is wrong with his skating? His coach is quoted as saying his skating will help separate him from the pack.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Tend to find myself agreeing with Pronman (ugh) that I'm not sure his skating will be good enough to stick at this level. He's a very good skater for the NCAA but not sure it is good enough at the next level given the rest of the package. But absolutely a good kid to take a shot on.

99% of the players we are linked with have "skating issues".

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
What, according to you and Pronman, is wrong with his skating? His coach is quoted as saying his skating will help separate him from the pack.

Just my opinion. Closing speed vs Hockey East dmen who will never even sniff the ECHL is good but I've seen better in that league. Will he be able to separate at the AHL/NHL level to generate space and if not, how else can he be effective?

Quote from his coach is nice but also to be taken with a grain of salt...he's not in the business of evaluating players in the context of their NHL potential and even if he was, he has a vested interest across a variety of fronts in talking up his own players.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Pronman also said Kaprizov has speed/skating issues. I have yet to see what he's talking about.

I'm not pretending to have watched Trivigno, but I'd trust his coach who was selling it as his strength, over Pronman. There's only so much hockey you can watch and properly evaluate.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's all but guaranteed a chance to make the team next season. Garland type would be great

Reactions: pld459666

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
meant to post his here, but posted at "Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk"
if true that he signs NYR, i am glad he didn't shy away from competing,
when you join a top club team, or D1 college team, gotta earn your minutes too.

Trivigno is a bit older and more experienced than Othmann, Cuylle, Berard,
he should have a window to prove himself

he gets to play AHL just down I-91 from campus, and not too far from family, he will have a built-in fanbase

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
This kid needs to play 25 minutes per night on the first line and all 2 minutes on the PP. Why is Gallant trying to ruin the kid? :D

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
It's coming home.

And by 'it' I mean 'gabagool'
rknx4j1-gif.16489823

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I feel like Trivigno will really help HFD next year and be part of the bottom 6 mix in the NHL the second half of next season. Sounds like a guy not to bet against

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not that it will make a huge difference to those concerned about his size, but UMass lists him at 5'8", 162.

DeBrincat is 5'7", 165. Caufield is 5'7", 166. Yamamoto 5'8", 153. Gaudreau 5'9", 165. The are plenty of other guys 5'9" and under, or 180 and under. I'm not arguing that he will be as good as any of those guys, just that you can play in the NHL at that size if the rest of your game is up to par.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Not that it will make a huge difference to those concerned about his size, but UMass lists him at 5'8", 162.

DeBrincat is 5'7", 165. Caufield is 5'7", 166. Yamamoto 5'8", 153. Gaudreau 5'9", 165. The are plenty of other guys 5'9" and under, or 180 and under. I'm not arguing that he will be as good as any of those guys, just that you can play in the NHL at that size if the rest of your game is up to par.
A lot of those guys are not their listed height. Weight is usually pretty accurate. Height is usually bumped up. There is nowhere under the Sun where Zuc is 5'8". Haha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
A lot of those guys are not their listed height. Weight is usually pretty accurate. Height is usually bumped up. There is nowhere under the Sun where Zuc is 5'8". Haha
Yeah, the little guys always get a bump in stature, for whatever reason. In all sports it seems like. Either way--if you're Trivigno's real or pretend height, you can play in the NHL. It will still be an uphill battle, but size alone won't prevent him from making it IMO.

Reactions: MrAlmost

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Players like this are always like getting free 2nd or 3rd round picks. 90% of them will bust, but that 10% is a real win, and costs nothing.

Our ability to sign UFA kids like this is why i dont sweat trading non-1st round picks.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
He's going to need to put on some pounds if he wants to be a "wrecking ball" in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese