Rumor: NYR to sign Bobby Trivigno

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This would be a good get, no? What is his upside? Small kid, but has a great motor.

Despite his size, Trivigno is always the most conditioned, disciplined and hardest-working player on the ice, according to Carvel. Not only will Trivigno’s consistency earn the trust of an NHL coach, Carvel said, but his speed and skating abilities should separate him from the pack as well.

“His will really kind of makes up for that difference in size,” Carvel said. “Throw a puck in the corner with him and anybody at this level, I don’t care how big the other person is, he’ll come out with it more times than not.

“We used to start almost every video session with him knocking somebody over twice his size.”

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
This would be a good get, no? What is his upside? Small kid, but has a great motor.

Despite his size, Trivigno is always the most conditioned, disciplined and hardest-working player on the ice, according to Carvel. Not only will Trivigno’s consistency earn the trust of an NHL coach, Carvel said, but his speed and skating abilities should separate him from the pack as well.

“His will really kind of makes up for that difference in size,” Carvel said. “Throw a puck in the corner with him and anybody at this level, I don’t care how big the other person is, he’ll come out with it more times than not.

“We used to start almost every video session with him knocking somebody over twice his size.”

He was one of the top-3 college free agents, so yeah, it's a great get. Whether he amounts to anything is another story, but it's a free asset.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Not taking anything on Twitter seriously today but would be a solid addition if true. Kid works his tail off and can play the role of a skilled pest. Zero risk with some pretty intriguing upside.

Only real drawback is that he's 150lbs at best. So time will tell if he can withstand the beating of playing the kind of game he does against guys who dwarf him.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
From what I've been reading, he was the second best college free agent behind Ben Meyers of Minnesota (who is expected to sign with either the Red Wings or Wild)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Will they give him a chance to play this year? They already have so many dudes
very much doubt it,
even if he burns a contract year, like the D NYR signed from UNO,
he likely goes to Hartford,
and they need a spark right now

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I hate April 1st.

If its true, great news. Kid can play. Put him in Hartford and let him go. With trading away a lot of picks this year, and only a few RFA we could deal to recoup some of that, we gotta flex the UDFA muscle again.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Not taking anything on Twitter seriously today but would be a solid addition if true. Kid works his tail off and can play the role of a skilled pest. Zero risk with some pretty intriguing upside.

Only real drawback is that he's 150lbs at best. So time will tell if he can withstand the beating of playing the kind of game he does against guys who dwarf him.
And 5’8”

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Tend to find myself agreeing with Pronman (ugh) that I'm not sure his skating will be good enough to stick at this level. He's a very good skater for the NCAA but not sure it is good enough at the next level given the rest of the package. But absolutely a good kid to take a shot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad