Confirmed Trade: [NYR/STL] Tarasenko (@50%), Mikkola for Blais, Skinner, 1st (later of NYR/DAL), 3rd (4th if NYR miss playoffs)

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
What's with the hate towards Mikkola? I thought he'd be the player in the NHL who no one feels anything bad or good about. A basic defenseman who goes unnoticed for good or bad and at occasion can eat some minutes.
As an Avs fan I thought that Mikkola was the most exposed Blue in each of the last two seasons playoff series of Colorado vs St Louis.

Relative to expectations I thought that Thomas was the most disappointing but solely looking at who got beat the most it I thought it was Mikkola, I would agree with St Louis fans that he is not someone that should be trusted in a playoff game.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think Mikkola can be a fine bottom pair defensemen. Many of us hoped he would be top 4 in STL and it didn’t work out but I think the takes on him in this thread from our side are a little too harsh. Glad it’s working for him in New York.

Feels like a nice win-win trade. We’ll see how the first round pick works for us and how this playoff run works for New York. Hope it goes well for Vladi and Mikkola’s sake

Reactions: southsider

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Wow! St Louis robbed the Rangers blind because they traded Hall of famer Blais! Watch him be out next season because of another injury. He's made of glass. We're more than happy with Vova.
Lol sluban slew footed and screwed his leg up.... yeah made of glass. You are such a kidder.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Add another. 2 tonight so far.
And rags fans keep putting this under the bed as if blais was no big deal in the transaction. This is pure egg on their faces. Blais is hot like a volcano right now. Probably the hottest player in the league at the moment. This is unbelievable and I'm shocked how good he is. Only 26.

Why are we still doing this…
Cause blais ain't stopping his scoring unbelievable pace. What a trade by Armstrong. A real grand slam.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
And rags fans keep putting this under the bed as if blais was no big deal in the transaction. This is pure egg on their faces. Blais is hot like a volcano right now. Probably the hottest player in the league at the moment. This is unbelievable and I'm shocked how good he is. Only 26.

Cause blais ain't stopping his scoring unbelievable pace. What a trade by Armstrong. A real grand slam.
He’s ruining our draft position is all he’s doing! :sarcasm:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Woah Nelly here comes Blais! Watch out Gretzky's records! Let's see what he'll do in the playoffs...oh wait.
Well he had a slapshot goal on a breakaway his first playoff game and in Game 7 in Boston he sparked the first goal of the game with a classic hockey forecheck and lifted the Cup. So his experience will probably do him well for a franchise that is only going to miss the playoffs for the 10th time ever and makes it more than any other team.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
He's a Boston fan who hates the Rangers and is doing this stupid shit on purpose. I have no issue with the Blues, they're my fave western team just have an issue with counting every assist or goal.

Reactions: southsider

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
He's a Boston fan who hates the Rangers and is doing this stupid shit on purpose. I have no issue with the Blues, they're my fave western team just have an issue with counting every assist or goal.
Nah I like redemption stories especially when a player was casted out of the lineup and proves his dufas general manager wrong. Boy did drury got hosed on this deal.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Nah I like redemption stories especially when a player was casted out of the lineup and proves his dufas general manager wrong. Boy did drury got hosed on this deal.
Blais did not score a goal in 54 games as a New York Ranger, including Pre and Post injury. You're damn right he was cast out of the lineup because he wasn't giving any effort and goes to light it up for St.Louis like nothing was ever wrong with his knee. Now put yourself in our shoes and I go on the boards to troll you. Oh Sammy Blais is scoring every game! Goal here assist there! Rubbing it in your face. I hope to see your team in the conference finals buddy. Good luck

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Blais did not score a goal in 54 games as a New York Ranger, including Pre and Post injury. You're damn right he was cast out of the lineup because he wasn't giving any effort and goes to light it up for St.Louis like nothing was ever wrong with his knee. Now put yourself in our shoes and I go on the boards to troll you. Oh Sammy Blais is scoring every game! Goal here assist there! Rubbing it in your face. I hope to see your team in the conference finals buddy. Good luck
Would love the matchup. But I'm liking this blais story it's too hilarious. Let's see if he can still continue lighting it up like brett hull. Unreal.

I get why Rangers fans get irritated with it but you gotta admit that it is pretty funny that Blais has more points than Tarasenko since the trade. Nobody saw that coming.
Trade of the deadline for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad