Proposal: NYR - Stars

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
here is where, to me, the argument falls apart
OP presents himself as a confident knowledgeable Stars fan, certain that Hintz is far far better player than Chytil.
Yet his best answer, to having his team stay strong while facing roster challenges, is too choose Hintz to subtract, and Chytil to add ...

OP is in no way a Stars fan. I`m actually rooting for Canes and Panthers. I follow all Finnish players close though. I just thought Hintz would be a good fit on Rangers to help Kakko fit in with language etc. Kakko as known isnt very good at english and Roope could help him a lot. I also think a 6`3" 220p young fast center would be good . It also certainly would help Stars a bit with the cap, while not downgrading too much at C, thus both teams could benefit from the trade.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
OP is in no way a Stars fan. I`m actually rooting for Canes and Panthers. I follow all Finnish players close though. I just thought Hintz would be a good fit on Rangers to help Kakko fit in with language etc. Kakko as known isnt very good at english and Roope could help him a lot. I also think a 6`3" 220p young fast center would be good . It also certainly would help Stars a bit with the cap, while not downgrading too much at C, thus both teams could benefit from the trade.
ok sorry i misread your Hintz expertise as Stars-based,
anyway NYR do not need to pay high price to fix C depth urgently, and not motivated to move Chytil,
or to spend extra first for incremental upgrade (ie sweeten offer of high potential emerging young C for a more proven slightly older, more expensive high potential C )
if/when NYR bring in a new C, I expect NYR to add to their C depth of Zib & Chytil

Reactions: bernmeister

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Which is a good thought, but I don't agree that Hintz is worth more to the Rangers than Chytil moving forward. They can find another Finnish player to fill the void you mentioned.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
All im gonna say is no chance in hell from NYR perspective. That's a huge overpayment for a 3rd liner when we need LHD and a 2C which Hintz isnt.

And the fact you are even saying Hintz is 'better by a mile' is quite harsh considering Chytil only turned 21 and Hintz turns 24 soon.

Hintz is a respectable 3C and had a good playoffs but this post is purely on the fallout of the Stars making it to the SCF.

As a Rangers fan, not parting with Chytil for Hintz straight up let alone adding a 1st.

Chytil just turned 21 and (as a 20 year old) matched Hintz 22 year old season.

I dont see 60pt potential with Hintz whereas I do with Chytil as a 2nd line center.

Not to mention that as a LW, Hintz will be buried behind Panarin, Lafreniere and Kreider.

Wing is not a need for NYR.

This is a massive overpayment from the Rangers, why would we trade an up and coming young centerman when we require LD and center position.

Why can't the Rangers keep Chytil and see if he can be a 2C this season? I don't see why we need to rush to get rid of him without giving him a chance to play that role.

All of the above.
Don't see Stars so abundant in pivot depth they are keen on moving Hintz or Gurianov, for example. I get the whole getting ahead of the cap thing.

That would have to be settled by a vet for a vet deal, and while ADDING not substituting as was emphasized above at pivot is a target, it is hard, not impossible but hard to see a deal. I mean given we are also looking to move vets to reduce cap.

Chytil is off the table unless a team like DET is willing to overpay and end result provides strategic benefit to Rangers.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like Hintz but Chytil's potential is too tantalizing and the 1st makes this an overpayment that we're honestly not dying to make.

Like the value's probably not that far off but I'd rather just keep Chytil and the 1st.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I’d rather just stick with Chytil and I’m definitely not giving up a 1st on top of Chytil for Hintz, who isn’t a big enough of an improvement going forward to warrant giving up a 1st rounder and I like Hintz.

I also doubt Dallas would want to get younger with them being in a more win now mode than the Rangers.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
No from the Stars because they are looking at contending now and don’t want to risk it on Chytil because he may not be ready for 2C duty next season.

No from New York because they are still building for the future and want to see what Chytil’s potential is.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Dallas has cap issues.
The ufas except maybe Khudobin will be replaced with internal options.
Hintz and Gurianov aren't getting a ton on new extensions, Faksa either for that matter.
But anyway Hintz is one of a few young quality forwards in Dallas they aren't going to part with him.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
For all the Jim Nill bashing that stars fans do and I am one of them he is a master of the salary cap. Dallas does not have cap issues. So the premise of this is off. It will take an overpayment for this to happen.

Reactions: LT

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This trade makes a lot of sense for NYR. We should ice all LW players or make a trade for Hintz to play 3c while we still haven't traded Strome.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
For all the Jim Nill bashing that stars fans do and I am one of them he is a master of the salary cap. Dallas does not have cap issues. So the premise of this is off. It will take an overpayment for this to happen.

fair assessment, but NY will not make that overpayment and esp not in currency OP sought.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
As a Rangers fan, not parting with Chytil for Hintz straight up let alone adding a 1st.

Chytil just turned 21 and (as a 20 year old) matched Hintz 22 year old season.

I dont see 60pt potential with Hintz whereas I do with Chytil as a 2nd line center.

Not to mention that as a LW, Hintz will be buried behind Panarin, Lafreniere and Kreider.

Wing is not a need for NYR.
Too funny
Perhaps Miss Cleo just isn't feeling it

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hintz is a C. It helps if you even would know what position a player plays, before commenting something stupid. Stars is a D-first team. On a more offensive oriented team, Hintz numbers would be better. He also plays SH and is a fast, big C. I`m pretty sure that on another team he would have much better stats. If Stars would offer Hintz for Chytil alone, Rangers front-office would dance down the Broadway drinking champagne...
He was drafted as a LW/C. The point is he's either buried on the LW, or put into a 3c role right now and that's a lot to trade away for a player not being put in a top 6 position.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He was drafted as a LW/C. The point is he's either buried on the LW, or put into a 3c role right now and that's a lot to trade away for a player not being put in a top 6 position.

Having Seguin-Pavelski as the 1-2 punch with NMC:s doesnt really help Hintz in this case. Maybe theese two have something to do with it? Hintz actually scored more goals and had more points than Pavelski this season with less ice-time...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
also why would Dallas want to upgrade on Hintz of all players who's 24 and going to the SCF as a key contributor of the team

seems like a player a contender would want to keep around

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Managing the cap has always been his best quality. I think we get both Hintz and Gurianov on 3M, 3 year deals (Fiala, Lindbolm, Fabbri)

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Not dissecting the value/needs, I actually think Hintz would be an incredible center for Panarin.

He’s 23 years old, big, fast, physical, tenacious on the forecheck, 52% on draws and and put up 19 goals and 33 points in 60 games playing third line minutes in Dallas (14:45 per game).

33 points sounds like very average production, but it was good for 5th on the team (despite missing 9 games - 2 points out of 3rd place) and the top scorer only had 50 points. In fact Dallas only had one player above 39 points on the entire roster, so 33 with some missed games is pretty good on a team that’s now in the SCF. In a different system, those numbers almost undoubtedly go up, and his speedy, physical game and two-way play would mesh well with Panarin (similar to what Fast did) but Hintz has far more offensive tools.

So, ignoring the actual proposal... Hintz is a guy I would truly love to see centering Panarin. I think their games would mesh extremely well. I say all this as a NYR fan who now lives in Dallas and owns a Hintz jersey.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...... Hintz is a guy I would truly love to see centering Panarin. I think their games would mesh extremely well. I say all this as a NYR fan who now lives in Dallas and owns a Hintz jersey.
... drafted 8 spots after Ryan Gropp ....

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Having Seguin-Pavelski as the 1-2 punch with NMC:s doesnt really help Hintz in this case. Maybe theese two have something to do with it? Hintz actually scored more goals and had more points than Pavelski this season with less ice-time...
Who said it had anything to do with the Stars? We have Zibanejad as our #1, and Strome with Panarin. If the plan is to move Hintz to play with Panarin, then Strome isn't being signed for the amount he wants and then we have a 3c hole.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Who said it had anything to do with the Stars? We have Zibanejad as our #1, and Strome with Panarin. If the plan is to move Hintz to play with Panarin, then Strome isn't being signed for the amount he wants and then we have a 3c hole.

No, the plan would be to play Hintz with Kakko. Ppl here have a hard time understanding? The trade is not only Chytil+ for Hintz. It`s also getting Kakko a guy who he can connect with on ice and outside. I know for a fact Kakko is quite shy and bad at english. Hintz is the opposite. He can help your #2 pick adapt and grow. Dallas need cap-help and Chytil will get paid less than Hintz. NYR need bigger bodies upfront and 2-way play. Hintz is both. Here is quite a few other factors involved than only the players that I thought about. I understand if you dont like the trade, but its not lopsided when you take into consideration everything around it.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No, the plan would be to play Hintz with Kakko. Ppl here have a hard time understanding? The trade is not only Chytil+ for Hintz. It`s also getting Kakko a guy who he can connect with on ice and outside. I know for a fact Kakko is quite shy and bad at english. Hintz is the opposite. He can help your #2 pick adapt and grow. Dallas need cap-help and Chytil will get paid less than Hintz. NYR need bigger bodies upfront and 2-way play. Hintz is both. Here is quite a few other factors involved than only the players that I thought about. I understand if you dont like the trade, but its not lopsided when you take into consideration everything around it.
And where is Kakko playing in the line-up? Where not trading for Hintz to make Kakko feel whole and I didn't call it lopsided. I said the trade doesn't make a lot of sense right now.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The Stars won’t trade Hintz. I don’t think Janmark or Perry will be back and Kivi has filled one of those holes. We have the cap to possibly sign another fwd but if not we’ve got a few kids who will get the opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad