Proposal: NYR - Stars

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
NYR get:

- Roope Hintz

Stars get:

- Filip Chytil
- Carolinas 1st 2020

2 young RFA C:s swap teams. Hintz is the better one by a mile IMO and should be perfect centering Lafreniere or Kakko. Hintz is up for a raise and Stars will have cap problems with Gurianov, Hintz and Heiskanen all needing big raises. NYR hope to get their 2C in Hintz and Stars get a 3C back, while saving cash. Carolinas 1st is in the 20+ range. Is this enough for Hintz or do NYR sweaten the deal with say their 3rd?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
No incentive here for Dallas

Hintz RFA
Gurianov RFA
Perry UFA
Khudobin UFA
Sekera UFA
Janmark UFA

and roughly 17m cap. Next year Heiskanen is RFA and will get 7-10M. They have their big 4 Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Pavelski locked up on NMC/NTC contracts. Money is the incentive. Perry should be let go and maybe Janmark, but they have to be replaced

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Guys like Hintz don’t get traded, really. Not at this point.

I actually agree that he shouldnt, but for an overpayment he could be. Maybe the proposal is too "soft". Any player get traded though for a price.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hintz RFA
Gurianov RFA
Perry UFA
Khudobin UFA
Sekera UFA
Janmark UFA

and roughly 17m cap. Next year Heiskanen is RFA and will get 7-10M. They have their big 4 Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Pavelski locked up on NMC/NTC contracts. Money is the incentive. Perry should be let go and maybe Janmark, but they have to be replaced
I suppose that if they win The Cup a lot changes. They’ll let all those UFAs go. Except maybe Khudobin.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I actually agree that he shouldnt, but for an overpayment he could be. Maybe the proposal is too "soft". Any player get traded though for a price.
Sure. I suppose if you said it like that in the OP it’s a little more tangible. But to get Hintz the Stars are probably asking for Fox. Maybe ADA gets them on the phone. But it’s not like Dallas needs defensemen. Maybe ADA and Georgiev for Hintz. Dunno. Even that’s overpayment but I can’t see Dallas motivated to move him for anything less than a king’s ransom.
You're right though, Hintz would be an ideal addition for the Rangers.

Reactions: jonlin

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
NYR get:

- Roope Hintz

Stars get:

- Filip Chytil
- Carolinas 1st 2020

2 young RFA C:s swap teams. Hintz is the better one by a mile IMO and should be perfect centering Lafreniere or Kakko. Hintz is up for a raise and Stars will have cap problems with Gurianov, Hintz and Heiskanen all needing big raises. NYR hope to get their 2C in Hintz and Stars get a 3C back, while saving cash. Carolinas 1st is in the 20+ range. Is this enough for Hintz or do NYR sweaten the deal with say their 3rd?
All im gonna say is no chance in hell from NYR perspective. That's a huge overpayment for a 3rd liner when we need LHD and a 2C which Hintz isnt.

And the fact you are even saying Hintz is 'better by a mile' is quite harsh considering Chytil only turned 21 and Hintz turns 24 soon.

Hintz is a respectable 3C and had a good playoffs but this post is purely on the fallout of the Stars making it to the SCF.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I like Hintz but Chytil is 2 years younger and I think Chytil at 23 will be better than Hintz at 23. So just IMO, the OP deal might not do much for Dallas but Chytil and a 1st is overpayment. It just might not be the type of overpayment you have in mind. I'd be a tinsy tiny bit skeptical about the Rangers winning this trade. Hintz is the better player now but Chytil is really getting better.

ADA + Georgiev for Hintz? Go home, you're drunk.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
All im gonna say is no chance in hell from NYR perspective. That's a huge overpayment for a 3rd liner when we need LHD and a 2C which Hintz isnt.

And the fact you are even saying Hintz is 'better by a mile' is quite harsh considering Chytil only turned 21 and Hintz turns 24 soon.

Hintz is a respectable 3C and had a good playoffs but this post is purely on the fallout of the Stars making it to the SCF.

This is Hintz first "full" season in the NHL. 60gp 19g 14a 33p. In playoffs 11p. Thats quite good numbers for 3rd-line duties... The guy 1s 6`3", a big body and skates like the wind. I`m confident he will be a #2C atleast with #1 potential. Looking at your comments you probably havent seen him play? And yes - I think Hintz is a lot better than Chytil, with greater potential. He also has some grit.

Reactions: egelband

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
This is Hintz first "full" season in the NHL. 60gp 19g 14a 33p. In playoffs 11p. Thats quite good numbers for 3rd-line duties... The guy 1s 6`3", a big body and skates like the wind. I`m confident he will be a #2C atleast with #1 potential. Looking at your comments you probably havent seen him play? And yes - I think Hintz is a lot better than Chytil, with greater potential. He also has some grit.
I have seen him play many times.

However I really think you are getting ahead of yourself here.

Hintz has 3 years on Chytil. Plenty of time to reach the potential.

Reactions: slg1963

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I have seen him play many times.

However I really think you are getting ahead of yourself here.

Hintz has 3 years on Chytil. Plenty of time to reach the potential.

That is why I think Stars would consider something like this. Hintz is more ready IMO and Stars has cap-issues. Hintz will get a heftier RFA raise than Chytil. Pavelski is off the books in 2yrs and this would make sense financially for Stars. NYR would get the better player and a fellow Finn for Kakko. I also think Lafreniere would thrive on Hintzs wing. Could be a win-win for both teams

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I think On a team without an anemic offence Hintz would be a good 50+ point 2C that’s good on both sides of the ice. His number take a massive hit because of the Dallas affect. Wonder if that helps the stars get him at a cheaper price.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I think On a team without an anemic offence Hintz would be a good 50+ point 2C that’s good on both sides of the ice. His number take a massive hit because of the Dallas affect. Wonder if that helps the stars get him at a cheaper price.

I see him getting a 4,5M/3yr bridge or similar. They cant sign him longtern because cap-issues. Chytil get probably around 3M.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
As a Rangers fan, not parting with Chytil for Hintz straight up let alone adding a 1st.

Chytil just turned 21 and (as a 20 year old) matched Hintz 22 year old season.

I dont see 60pt potential with Hintz whereas I do with Chytil as a 2nd line center.

Not to mention that as a LW, Hintz will be buried behind Panarin, Lafreniere and Kreider.

Wing is not a need for NYR.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
This is a massive overpayment from the Rangers, why would we trade an up and coming young centerman when we require LD and center position.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
As a Rangers fan, not parting with Chytil for Hintz straight up let alone adding a 1st.

Chytil just turned 21 and (as a 20 year old) matched Hintz 22 year old season.

I dont see 60pt potential with Hintz whereas I do with Chytil as a 2nd line center.

Not to mention that as a LW, Hintz will be buried behind Panarin, Lafreniere and Kreider.

Wing is not a need for NYR.

Hintz is a C. It helps if you even would know what position a player plays, before commenting something stupid. Stars is a D-first team. On a more offensive oriented team, Hintz numbers would be better. He also plays SH and is a fast, big C. I`m pretty sure that on another team he would have much better stats. If Stars would offer Hintz for Chytil alone, Rangers front-office would dance down the Broadway drinking champagne...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This is a massive overpayment from the Rangers, why would we trade an up and coming young centerman when we require LD and center position.

This young C offered is an upgrade over yours. Thats why.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
See how great it is when both fan bases agrees that the proposal is undesirable?

Did get a chuckle, from immediately above, that NYR FO would celebrate tradung Chytil. They wouldnt. They think he was a steal at ~20th,
No disrespect to Hinz, good emerging player, but no need for NYR to take steps to help Stars re-signings challenges during Flat Cap.
And despite all the chatter, fixing NYR 2C is not immediately urgent, can easily wait a year - for Expiring Cap hits to end, Seattle draft passes, very young players continue developing. NYR not contenders for '21 Cup

btw Stars fans good luck in Final

Ledge And Dairy

Hintz RFA
Gurianov RFA
Perry UFA
Khudobin UFA
Sekera UFA
Janmark UFA

That free agent list is fantastic for having 17M cap space, they can probably sign both Hintz and Gurianov for ~7M. Perry will be cheap since Anaheim is still paying him a boat load, Sekera cost 1.5M at max, hes a 34yo 3rd pair guy. Finally Khudobin, he probably deserves a decent raise. However, Bishop is still the better goalie and they can only protect one in expansion so one will be gone y next year. As for Heiskanen, you have Cogliano, Comeau, Johns, Oleksiak and whoever is selected in expansion all coming off the books. Dallas is so far from cap trouble they can probably make an off season UFA signing. They wont touch this offer.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hintz is a C. It helps if you even would know what position a player plays, before commenting something stupid. Stars is a D-first team. On a more offensive oriented team, Hintz numbers would be better. He also plays SH and is a fast, big C. I`m pretty sure that on another team he would have much better stats. If Stars would offer Hintz for Chytil alone, Rangers front-office would dance down the Broadway drinking champagne...

HockeyDB lists him as a LW, CapFriendly lists him as a C/LW

Doesn't really matter the position, the point remains.

Chytil is three years younger and has more potential than Mr. Roper.

I'd expect that Chytil will eventually center both Lafreniere and Kakko.

Not snowballs chance in hell I move him for Mr. Roper, get the Hintz??

Reactions: bernmeister

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Hello no from NY. I’m sure Hintz is a good player but Chytil has 60 point Potential. And they want a first round pick give me a break.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
This young C offered is an upgrade over yours. Thats why.

here is where, to me, the argument falls apart
OP presents himself as a confident knowledgeable Stars fan, certain that Hintz is far far better player than Chytil.
Yet his best answer, to having his team stay strong while facing roster challenges, is too choose Hintz to subtract, and Chytil to add ...

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->