Confirmed Trade: [NYR/SEA] Alex Wennberg (50% retained) for 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 4th round pick

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Both on pace for 70+ points this year, best third liners in history I guess.
And 30 plus goals each…..
5v5 they need to pick it up though to be sure…..
Too bad zibby can’t be trusted to win a big faceoff, cause Laf would clean up on pts/goals with his wrist shot getting and recieving passes from fox and Panarin on the PP….

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Check my registration date, kiddo :D I vividly remember both those guys when they were prized prospects. 70+ point players were never "third liners at best", even during the high scoring days of standing goalies.

Zibanejad averages just under 20 min/game and hasn't scored a 5 on 5 goal since December 23rd.

Again I repeat. Mika Zibanejad who averages 20 min/game has not scored an EV strength goal since December 23rd.

This is actually worse 5 on 5 production than an average NHL third liner

Of course he's going to eat on special teams which is the only reason why his point totals are remotely near his NYR average.

You cannot take up that portion of the salary cap to not put the puck in the net 5 on 5. The team simply won't be good in the playoffs. If you think Panarin and Trocheck are going to continue their current pace in the playoffs I have a bridge to sell you. That line is going to be the first line that gets shut down by top pairs 5 on 5

Reactions: luiginb

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Wennberg looked good in his debut centering the 3d line and created more shooting opps for Cuylle in one game than Brodz has in the last 5 combined. Cuylle has a great deceptive wrist shot but needs the setup and without a f***ing doubt Wennberg can get him the puck better than Brodz.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Zibanejad averages just under 20 min/game and hasn't scored a 5 on 5 goal since December 23rd.

Again I repeat. Mika Zibanejad who averages 20 min/game has not scored an EV strength goal since December 23rd.

This is actually worse 5 on 5 production than an average NHL third liner

Of course he's going to eat on special teams which is the only reason why his point totals are remotely near his NYR average.

You cannot take up that portion of the salary cap to not put the puck in the net 5 on 5. The team simply won't be good in the playoffs. If you think Panarin and Trocheck are going to continue their current pace in the playoffs I have a bridge to sell you. That line is going to be the first line that gets shut down by top pairs 5 on 5

Its a weird point to make since Zibanejads ES/PP goal scoring is pretty much even throughout the season, Mr Texas Sharp Shooter....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad