Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVI (Tis the season of trades) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
ok, so Staal has a minor injury. Hopefully Skjei can steal his spot permanently...

Clearly they are just saying that because the real reason they are keeping Staal out is because they are on the verge of a trade and don't want him to get hurt.

I don't know how to do a sarcastic emoji on the mobile version of this site.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Staal, Fast and (Moore/Stalberg) to Carolina for Versteeg, Nash and (Wisniewski/Liles/Hainsey)

Not sexy, but Very fair deal for both teams.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Staal, Fast and (Moore/Stalberg) to Carolina for Versteeg, Nash and (Wisniewski/Liles/Hainsey)

Not sexy, but Very fair deal for both teams.

Nash is just one of those players that we would never acquire simply because making the jerseys for both Nash's would be a pain in the a**, it would go to the 3rd letter of the first name lol. Ric. Nash and Ril. Nash. No shot we'll ever see that happen.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Clearly they are just saying that because the real reason they are keeping Staal out is because they are on the verge of a trade and don't want him to get hurt.

I don't know how to do a sarcastic emoji on the mobile version of this site.

Forget a sarcasm emojii, we need a prayer emojii for that one.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Couldn't the exact opposite be said as well... A bad 30 games erases 3 seasons worth of evidence?

It doesn't necessarily work the other way around... If you're generally poor at something and you have a stretch of good, it's tougher to believe...

If you're generally good at something and you gave a stretch of bad, there's a lot more behind the sense that you were actually good and it wasn't a fluke.

This goes for anything not just hockey.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
In the summer,I would trade Kreider to Dallas for Nichushkin and Honka. Try to squeeze a #1 or another young player out of Dallas.

Oh yeah big time. Kreider doesn't strike me as a player whose hearts really into hockey. Like it's just a really good job for him.

I'll take DAL's pieces in a heartbeat. I like Ritchie from them too.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Maybe they're showcasing Skjei to trade for a young RH PMD around the same age? Honka? Maybe they really like what the see with Graves?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe they're showcasing Skjei to trade for a young RH PMD around the same age? Honka? Maybe they really like what the see with Graves?

It's likely that they're just resting Staal but if anything, this screams more of showcasing yandle+giving skjei a chance to show whether or not he can handle a 3rd pair role.

Yandle is going to be on the ice for like half of the game.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
After speaking with some NHL execs, Custance wrote Gorton would move Yandle for "the right price". Maybe his price is really nice and he wants the Russian kid in Dallas as part of the deal. That player could help the Rangers win beyond this season.

We can all watch Saturday when they play Dallas. Everyone can post their opinions

BarbaraAlphanse

Stan Bowman is in attendance for the Jets game. Ladd was traded by the Hawks about 5 years ago. He's familiar with the team and coach. Last year Bowman traded for Vermette, and Vermette was a big part of that Cup Finals series.

The dominoes should fall after that, if this is the first move, which it should be since it seems like a perfect fit for both parties.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Goligoski is a pending UFA. They may opt to let him walk and re-sign Yandle. Or maybe Goligoski would be part of the deal.

I'd be thrilled though if they wanted Staal and Staal agreed to waive his NMC to go there, depending on what we're getting back, of course.

It doesn't matter what we get back to lose that contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad