Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVI (Tis the season of trades) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
If McD is out long term might as well sell. Coming from someone who's a huge Yandle fan.

Might as well tank, our 1st round pick is lottery protected, right?

Even if he's out long term, management will hope he's back for the post season and make a run.

Even with trading Yandle, there's no way this team becomes a lottery team. There is too much talent in our forward corps and there's not enough games left for us to tank. Oh and we have Lundqvist.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
And then when we are out in the 1st or 2nd round this year everyone will complain about how we didn't trade Yandle at the deadline and will now have to watch him walk away for nothing in return except another 5 years of Staals horrid albatross contract.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
And then when we are out in the 1st or 2nd round this year everyone will complain about how we didn't trade Yandle at the deadline and will now have to watch him walk away for nothing in return except another 5 years of Staals horrid albatross contract.

All it takes is moving someone like Kreider to open the space necessary for Yandle.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
No one. We don't have the Cap Space to pay for anyone significant. We'll keep Yandle and play 4 righties with 2 Lefties....with maybe Skeij as a #7.

Rangers will be able to take on something like $4.5 million in full season salary as of the deadline. Teams can retain salary as well.

If McD does have another concussion I can't see them not adding another D. Skjei as the 7D is not good depth going into the playoffs.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Rangers will be able to take on something like $4.5 million in full season salary as of the deadline. Teams can retain salary as well.

If McD does have another concussion I can't see them not adding another D. Skjei as the 7D is not good depth going into the playoffs.

You're right about the Cap. I Didn't realize it was that much.

$4,852,238 CAP SPACE ON DEADLINE DAY (Estimate)

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Even if he's out long term, management will hope he's back for the post season and make a run.

Even with trading Yandle, there's no way this team becomes a lottery team. There is too much talent in our forward corps and there's not enough games left for us to tank. Oh and we have Lundqvist.

Even with him I doubt this team makes a run, is it really worth risking his career even more with this current lineup?

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Even with him I doubt this team makes a run, is it really worth risking his career even more with this current lineup?

If he's healthy he plays. We're not going to shut him down if he's symptom free in the middle of a playoff hunt. This franchise will not tank while Hank still has elite years left in him.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Screams Dan Hamhuis. AV had him for 3 years in Vancouver and leaned on him considerably.

I also forgot that if we needed to fill McD's spot, it would be because McD is on LTIR and his Cap Hit no longer counts. Hamhuis and McD make about the same money, so it would easily fit.

If we do trade for Hamhuis, I pray we don't give up picks/prospects for him....but we probably would.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I also forgot that if we needed to fill McD's spot, it would be because McD is on LTIR and his Cap Hit no longer counts. Hamhuis and McD make about the same money, so it would easily fit.

If we do trade for Hamhuis, I pray we don't give up picks/prospects for him....but we probably would.

I could see them trying to get Vrbata in the deal as well.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
2 old rentals would be a typical Rangers move. We'll see if Gorton is any different than those before him, though.

Didn't say I agree but I definitely can see them doing something like that.

I really wish the Canes lose out the rest of their games leading up to the deadline and they can add R. Nash and Mclement.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, we aint selling.
I can see either this year or next years 2nd being on the table (if the front office knows which years 1st is going to ARI already) as well as one if Lindberg or Fast.
We'll look to bring in a vet top 9 wingers and some vet D depth

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm predicting Lindberg and A 2nd for Eric Staal at 50% off clearance rack sale

Also think we'll waive Paille and Glass and bring in another forward that can kill penalties on the cheap

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm predicting Lindberg and A 2nd for Eric Staal at 50% off clearance rack sale

Also think we'll waive Paille and Glass and bring in another forward that can kill penalties on the cheap

I could see that happening although in all honesty don't wanna do it. Sure lindberg has slowed down a bit but we can't keep giving up young players and picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad