Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVI (Tis the season of trades) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I'll be pretty disappointed if Stalberg isn't brought back next year. He's the perfect bottom six player and he's not expensive.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Let's hope JG thinks outside the box here and finds a way to dump useless money on someone else. We need more cost controlled players

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If Gorton wants to go for it this year he should be actively trying to trade Boyle. He's been so horribly bad, especially with Staal and G coming around Boyle hasn't improved at all.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
I doubt management has the balls to trade Boyle, but theres no doubt we could stand to do better than him as our #6 going into the playoffs.

This is my ideal deadline day trade: Dan Boyle, Oscar Lindberg and a conditional pick to Carolina for Eric Staal (partly retained) and Ron Hainsey. Our 3rd pairing improves defensively and Staal solidifies the forward depth for a playoff run. I like Oscar but he's nowhere near untouchable. You give him up for a guy like Staal even if hes a rental.

Staal-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Hayes-Fast
Stalberg-Moore-Glass/Hrivik

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Hainsey-Staal
McIlrath

King

So much depends on health ofcourse, but I would be very confident in that lineup making a deep playoff run.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I would be perfectly fine giving Stalberg a cheap two year extension. Dude works well with our bottom-6. His acceleration when going in a straight line is amazing as of late. Dude can fly.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Staal, Fast and (Moore/Stalberg) to Carolina for Versteeg, Nash and (Wisniewski/Liles/Hainsey)

Not sexy, but Very fair deal for both teams.

As a Canes fan, doesn't look fair to me at all. Canes don't need a defenseman, particularly one whose play has degraded and is signed for 5 more years @ $5.7M. Moore/Stalberg are UFA's to be and the Canes are a long shot at making the playoffs, so they'd more than likely move on after the season ends.

I'd rather the Canes trade Versteeg and Liles at the deadline and get back some 2nd/3rd round picks than take a deal like this.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I'll be pretty disappointed if Stalberg isn't brought back next year. He's the perfect bottom six player and he's not expensive.

Stalberg has been unbelievable in his role. Love the guy. I think he is even better than how Pouliot was for us. Faster and hits even harder.

I would be perfectly fine giving Stalberg a cheap two year extension. Dude works well with our bottom-6. His acceleration when going in a straight line is amazing as of late. Dude can fly.

I would agree with you all if he was on our fourth line only. IMO he is a liability on the third.

He is good on the forecheck but has hands of stone. Hayes and Lindberg are infinitely smarter with the puck than Stalberg is. The guy is a poor mans Hagelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad