NYR Roster Building Thread Part XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
MUST find a way to unload one of Nash, Staal, Girardi and resign Yandle.

If we can't do that, then we aren't going to amount to crap for the next couple of years.

Lundqvist ain't winning a cup and it sucks.

If Hayes is resigned then I'm going to lose my mind. Guy is soft as Charmin.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope Klein is on the trade book as well after this playoffs - he looks really slow and not even focused.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Marc has liked playing with Eric. There was an article on them yesterday from Mike Ziesberger. McKenzie does not expect Eric to play for Carolina. Could Marc and Eric be a package deal? The Rangers would need to work with the agent. What type of contract is Eric looking at? Eric signs for a cheaper price if the team trades for his brother. The Rangers retain $1.2M so Marc becomes a $4.5M D. The Rangers pay $6M of $27.2M remaining on the contract. In actual dollars, the average is $4.24M over 5 years.

Oh please, please,please let it happen!:handclap:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'd be open to anyone being traded this off season. I'm not saying this because I'm upset at the moment, this team needs serious changes. No one should be untouchable

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Give AZ the pick this year is my vote.

While I wuz dealing with da tax man, our friend Don Molo, I now see, has moved on...

things are what they are.

I don't want Gorton in any way to feel threatened but if I could swap AV for player/pick and have Don Maloney in the mix for coach, for just $, that could work..

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
This team needs a serious re-tool. Very disheartening to see the window closing the way it is.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Team needs a fire sale and rebuild. Also, trade Lundqvist while he still has value. Not because he's bad, but because they can get good value for him and he's never winning a Cup here. Plus 8.5M is too much for a goalie in today's NHL. Give him a shot elsewhere and rebuild the team.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Unless they fire av, nothing will change...we will continue to ice iditoic defensive pairs and moronic undeserving players will play over better options....more things change the more they stay the same.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Unless they fire av, nothing will change...we will continue to ice iditoic defensive pairs and moronic undeserving players will play over better options....more things change the more they stay the same.

Yeah, it would be fun to fantasize about a potential re-tool. Unless the 1st move they make is firing av, I'm not going to play. Seems like all the character heart and soul guys are gone. Just wusses remain.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Blow it up. Hank for Roussel Honka and Nicushkin/Ritchie and Niemi or Hank for Nylander JVR and Bernier. Dump the wonder twins and Nash sign Lucic and Backes go out and get tough hard nosed character players. I'm half joking on this

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This team has too much money on the cap invested in players who don't make a consistent difference. They needed to make serious changes at the deadline. They took the ***** way out by adding Staal t a team that hadnt proven they were a legit contender. Pathetic waste of assets on Yandle, Staal and not moving Moore, Stalberg, Boyle, Nash.

I'd welcome a rebuild

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Team needs a heart transplant. I wonder if this will be the year Hank asks to be moved.

He's not going anywhere.

As much as fans emphasize winning, this still is a business and a community outside of hockey. Those things matter more than you think.

Also, he's too stubborn, which is a great goalie trait.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Henrik is my favorite player. I love the guy. But the problem now is that as long as he's on the roster management will never be able to resist the urge to go all in every season. I think you have to consider moving him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't resign a single UFA on this team, and that includes Yandle. I would explore trading our bigger contracts. And I would give AV a cohesive roster, which he hasn't had since Febuary of 2015.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
He's not going anywhere.

As much as fans emphasize winning, this still is a business and a community outside of hockey. Those things matter more than you think.

Also, he's too stubborn, which is a great goalie trait.

I agree, argue from a hockey perspective...fine. But from a business perspective there is zero reason to believe this will happen.

Yet. In 3 years? 2019? Maaaaaybe. I hope not, selfishly. But maybe.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This team not doing everything in their power to bring back Yandle will be the biggest mistake they make in the last 7-8 years. This is like letting Stralman walk but magnified to the extreme

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I agree, argue from a hockey perspective...fine. But from a business perspective there is zero reason to believe this will happen.

Yet. In 3 years? 2019? Maaaaaybe. I hope not, selfishly. But maybe.

Maybe, depends all on Henke and his own standard in play and health.

Imo, he has some very good years left, the brass will continue to work the team into a winner.

Vigneault is a good coach, whether you agree or not, he's not easily replaced, I don't see many one and done Mike Keenans out there for a one year retool, and other coaches may take at least two seasons before we see progress implementing and constructing around a new and yet another culture change.

Lots of expensive contracts not living up to their play. The defense is older and more banged up than ever. Yandle is a good offensive piece, yet an expensive defensive liability. Skjei and McI look good, but also too young to expect them to carry the load. The offense/forwards are way too inconsistent and scare no one on most nights. There are few prospects ready to steal jobs that are there to steal. Gorton has his hands full, or maybe tied is the more appropriate word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad