Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
IMO OTT and BUF are the two teams that need Marc the most. OTT has financial troubles... they will likely do what the Isles have done in recent years and carry phantom cap hits.

Clarke MacArthur looks like he's done.

They will trade Hoffman because they don't want to pay him.

They need defensemen bad.

BUF is the other team... and one I think where it makes sense as a hockey move.

The Sabres are pretty bad defensively... they were getting good goaltending, and their forward corps are going to be dynamite... Fasching is the real deal. Reinhart looks a lot better... Girgensons has prototypical third line center written all over him.

Then there's Kane, Rhino Riley, and Eichel. They are a couple of bad forward contracts away from being elite up front. (Gionta, Moulson)

Their D-Core is crap though. Ristolainen aside, they've got Bogosian as the only reliable guy there... and even then you've got issues. McCabel is two years away from being that guy that he can be... but he's been solid.

They've got massive holes... a ton of picks and prospects. Closer to Thunder Bay too.
Like where you're going with this post. Just have to wonder if other cap teams will need relief as well, thus there maybe many other players available this summer.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Thunder Bay,Ontario is up there.

karte-7-396.gif

Thunder Bay is closer to Minnesota and Michigan than Ottawa and WNY.

BarbaraAlphanse

Just as an FYI, Brady Skjei is playing the right side tonight for Hartford...does anyone know if this is something hes done before?

One of my co-workers said he heard they wanted to play him in place of Boyle a few games leading into the playoffs, to give him some rest. Probably explains this decision.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
One of my co-workers said he heard they wanted to play him in place of Boyle a few games leading into the playoffs, to give him some rest. Probably explains this decision.

then why not just play McI in his place instead if the goal was just give Boyle some rest. He's a RHD.

If they're giving Skjei a real run at RHD in hartford, I'd imagine its to acclimate him there to play him during the playoffs.

BarbaraAlphanse

then why not just play McI in his place instead if the goal was just give Boyle some rest. He's a RHD.

If they're giving Skjei a real run at RHD in hartford, I'd imagine its to acclimate him there to play him during the playoffs.

Don't think McIlrath is cleared yet. Womp womp. I know they say he's getting close. At the very least I imagine this is worst case preparation.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Just as an FYI, Brady Skjei is playing the right side tonight for Hartford...does anyone know if this is something hes done before?

Skjei has been playing the right side paired with Bodie. They alternate because both are lefties. He has played the left side with other righties. It seems Skjei has looked "solid" on the right side.

The Rangers could play Skjei on the right side with McD,Yandle and Staal on the left. They could free up money moving Klein. Trade or buyout G.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Moving Klein, who has a team-friendly contract, doesn't make too much sense. He's a solid second-pairing RHD and they almost always cost more than what he makes.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

If they can breed Skjei to be a LH defenseman who plays the Right side a la Phaneuf, he can step into Girardi's spot next year if Girardi is moved. Then you can re-sign Yandle and keep Staal who is better than Girardi.

McD-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei

Skjei may be able to do it because of how good of a skater he is.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If they can breed Skjei to be a LH defenseman who plays the Right side a la Phaneuf, he can step into Girardi's spot next year if Girardi is moved. Then you can re-sign Yandle and keep Staal who is better than Girardi.

McD-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei

I could see it working. It'd be better than losing Yandle. How do you trade Girardi though? The guy is donezo

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

McD-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei

I think:
Staal - McDonagh
Yandle - Klein
Skjei - McIlrath

is more likely

BarbaraAlphanse

Would be crazy if the Rangers kept both Staals. Kept Yandle. Kept Klein. Traded Girardi and Nash and somehow cleared enough cap space to re-sign Eric and Yandle. Ushered in Buchnevich. Made a savvy move like sign Vesey. And then traded for Patrick Marleau as a rental next year for an actual final kick of the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad