Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So to be clear both staal and girardi have no trades next year too right ? So very little chance staal is moved , sign yandle , play skjei

Also play mcilrath for Boyle and sign cheap 7th d vet

BarbaraAlphanse

NO!!!isn't it XL? *sobs*

The things I look forward to, smh.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Move Girardi. Add a draft pick to him to take less salary back. Move Nash.

Re-sign Yandle with Boyle's money. Use Girardi's money for the RFAs. Sign Stamkos. Try and re-sign Eric Staal at a paycut.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Girardi is owed $19M in real dollars. His NMC expires after next season. Girardi selects 15 teams that he can't be traded to on July 1,2017. The Rangers aren't trading with the Islanders and Devils so that leaves 13 teams. He won't put them on the list.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I could see the Rangers moving Kreider and Nash, while retaining Staal at a discount. Hope Miller can continue to serve as a top-six LW. Staal becomes the other. Find a RW to play with Staal and Stepan, whether that's Buchnevich or someone else.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
One thing I would like the team to do is somehow trade for Ryan Murphy from Carolina in the offseason. He seems to be the odd man out, and I think he could be had with a forward prospect.

I could also forsee the team moving McIlrath. According to Dagoon, AV doesn't like him, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him shipped out. I'd rather him stay, but who knows. The only acceptable move would be to trade for a young forward with upside. Someone like Yakupov maybe.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I think Lindberg and Staal look really good together. When Nash is back, I'd like to see him added to their line. It's not that Stalberg doesn't look good with them too, but Nash would still bring the 200ft game with more scoring.

I was originally for loading up the lines instead of spreading the centers out, but this makes the top 9 really tough to set matchups against:

Lindberg - Staal - Nash
Miller - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Stepan - Hayes/Fast
Stalberg - Moore - Hayes/Fast

And then you have the late game hero style lines where you swap Step and Lindberg to really push the top 6 for offense.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
^ Hayes looked like he had fun on the 4th line, the match-ups will favor him too.

Stalberg is hot at the moment. 3rd line is the perfect spot for him.

-------

Lindberg - Staal - Nash (sure why the hell not, Lindberg is playing better again, with an edge too.)
Miller - Brass - Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Stalberg
Hayes-Moore-Fast

once Ricki comes back. (that's a sick bottom 6 ...)

For the moment:

JT/Kreids-Brass-Zuke
Kreids/JT-Stepan-Fast
Lindberg-Staal-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Hayes

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Move Girardi. Add a draft pick to him to take less salary back. Move Nash.

Re-sign Yandle with Boyle's money. Use Girardi's money for the RFAs. Sign Stamkos. Try and re-sign Eric Staal at a paycut.
You are presuming that Girardi is that easily moved for a pick and no salary whatsoever comes back? Pretty bold assumption.

Why would E Staal take a paycut?

How did you afford Samkos?

Are all three of Hayes, Krieder & Miller off the team?

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
May as well move on on Yandle....chances are we take a few steps back and maybe in about 3-4 years time we get lucky or whatever and hit a later pick in the draft that come out of nowhere to help us like Henrik did . Use the saved D money to sign our kids/core longer term...that IMO is a better long term investment than having Yandle here and probably losing in the first round . We can lose in the first round without him and keep our core intact .Like I said....who knows what comes along out of nowhere . Lightning can strike twice .:popcorn:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
You are presuming that Girardi is that easily moved for a pick and no salary whatsoever comes back? Pretty bold assumption.

Why would E Staal take a paycut?

How did you afford Samkos?

Are all three of Hayes, Krieder & Miller off the team?

Staal is not getting $9.5M which is his current salary. He isn't coming close to the $8.25M cap hit either. He is taking a paycut. There is no other way. He was willing to waive for 2 teams. The Hawks have bigger cap issues than the Rangers.

BarbaraAlphanse

How is SKA doing. Bring Buch over. We'll need the depth.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Buch can't play in the postseason so there is little point to wasting an ELC year on him for 12 regular season games.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Buch can't play in the postseason so there is little point to wasting an ELC year on him for 12 regular season games.

Maybe Buchnevich wants to be put on the active roster to begin the SPC this season. He is still arbitration eligible at the end of the 3 year ELC. The SPC begins this season and there are 2 years left. Buchnevich can get a bigger deal one year earlier. The Rangers do have 2 SPC'S left for this season. Maybe one for Buchnevich and the other for a college free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad