Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #8

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I'm surprised Kristo has fallen this far.

He's ahead of Allen, IMO.

Based on what? Kristo's a pure offensive player whose offense isn't that great. Allen's a pretty easy pick over him. He only posted 12 fewer points than Kristo while also playing defense.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm surprised Kristo has fallen this far.

He's ahead of Allen, IMO.

Allen was great for Hartford until he hit the college rookie wall. He was solid defensively, good at starting a rush, and contributed plenty offensively.

Kristo was unimpressive the whole season; or rather, he was unimpressive in his consistency from shift-to-shift, game-to-game. He's still rather selfish with the puck and contributes nothing at the other end of the ice. There's talent there, but I'm incredibly skeptical that he'll be able to put it together at the NHL level.

I have never disagreed with Leslie as much as I did when she put him #1 on our prospect list. That was farcical, IMO. Kristo is a huge question mark.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Allen was great for Hartford until he hit the college rookie wall. He was solid defensively, good at starting a rush, and contributed plenty offensively.

Kristo was unimpressive the whole season; or rather, he was unimpressive in his consistency from shift-to-shift, game-to-game. He's still rather selfish with the puck and contributes nothing at the other end of the ice. There's talent there, but I'm incredibly skeptical that he'll be able to put it together at the NHL level.

I have never disagreed with Leslie as much as I did when she put him #1 on our prospect list. That was farcical, IMO. Kristo is a huge question mark.

I am guilty of it at times too, but people tend to put more stock in fiction than fact. Yes there are prospects that have tremendous talent, so people hope they meet that super high bar. That's nice, but it's not reality. Your rank should not be based more on potential than reality. It should be a mix, and to me nothings more telling than what game you are currently playing.

Also, I agree on Allen. I was not high on him but I really liked his year. AV will lean more towards this guy eventually cause he can do something offensively.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Based on what? Kristo's a pure offensive player whose offense isn't that great. Allen's a pretty easy pick over him. He only posted 12 fewer points than Kristo while also playing defense.

Based on nothing but my opinion. Fans are really down on the kid, I get that, but for a team that lacks scoring, you'd think someone with his offensive upside would be more highly regarded.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Based on nothing but my opinion. Fans are really down on the kid, I get that, but for a team that lacks scoring, you'd think someone with his offensive upside would be more highly regarded.

Kristo is 24 years old. That's old for not being able to show some consistency or defensive competency in the AHL. Time is running out for him. Conor Allen is the same age, and clearly the better player right now, at least in my eyes. Defensemen generally take longer to mature than forwards, and Allen is still ahead of Kristo in terms of NHL readiness. This is probably a make-or-break year for Kristo, given that he didn't play as well as we would have hoped last season. He'll end up going right around #10 in our rankings, and I think that is about where he should be. His stock is going way up or way down depending on how this year goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad