Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #12

BarbaraAlphanse

How Kristo is voted as #9 is just mind boggling to me.

Mind boggling.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Graves - add Bodie,
then Skapski, Mantha, St Croix
seems St.Croix has been on the radar forever, but he's only had one year pro, and he finished strong (as did fellow rookie from the W, Nicholls)
Mantha is a bit of a wild card, but I respect Gordie Clark's judgement, and having been recruited by No Dak is a testament to his performance and potential

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Went with Nieves again. Same conditions apply. Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He went down last year, but he is now in his junior season. He has to perform this year. I'd be more of his freshman year than sophomore year will be shown.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
How Kristo is voted as #9 is just mind boggling to me. Mind boggling.

yeah almost as mind-boggling as Haggerty, with only 1 dominant season on his record, and not seen as well-rounded, being in ahead of the guys on today's list

Tommy Hughes may be more likely to have a notable NHL career than Haggerty, and he wont make this group's top 15

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
yeah almost as mind-boggling as Haggerty, with only 1 dominant season on his record, and not seen as well-rounded, being in ahead of the guys on today's list

Tommy Hughes may be more likely to have a notable NHL career than Haggerty, and he wont make this group's top 15

Leslie, who is generally on the conservative side when it comes to rating prospects, graded Haggerty as a 7.0D, evidently feeling there's a lot of upside with him. Similarly, there were a number of places that published their "Top College Free Agents" lists and were pretty effusive in their praise for his game and overall potential. There are quite a few people that are high on him.

Your point is well-made though. IMO, the farther down the list you go, the farther the pendulum swings towards "upside" and away from "safe bet." A guy like Haggerty may have a lot of question marks, but so does everyone once you break out of the top handful of guys. With that in mind, lots of people would choose the upside guy over the steady, "boring" defenseman who is probably more likely to have a successful professional career.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Tommy Hughes is steady, but I am not seeing any one quality that leads him to the NHL. He may develop it, but nothing special yet. He's like Allen, but a little worse across the board, so not really there yet.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
add St. Croix. I still believe. Seems like he had a decent 1st pro season, even if it was at the ECHL level. Hopefully he makes the needed summer adjustments and can raise his game to the next level (AHL i presume). He's only 21 and such a baby face still.

BarbaraAlphanse

Leslie, who is generally on the conservative side when it comes to rating prospects, graded Haggerty as a 7.0D, evidently feeling there's a lot of upside with him. Similarly, there were a number of places that published their "Top College Free Agents" lists and were pretty effusive in their praise for his game and overall potential. There are quite a few people that are high on him.

Your point is well-made though. IMO, the farther down the list you go, the farther the pendulum swings towards "upside" and away from "safe bet." A guy like Haggerty may have a lot of question marks, but so does everyone once you break out of the top handful of guys. With that in mind, lots of people would choose the upside guy over the steady, "boring" defenseman who is probably more likely to have a successful professional career.

Leslie also has Kristo as our top prospect...

My problem isn't where Haggerty is, it is where Kristo is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad