Proposal: NYR & OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Please stop.

Ottawa is not moving their 1st, be it 3rd OA or 10th OA as an inducement to get someone to take Ryan.

All they really have to do is eat 50% of his deal and he's gone.

Ryan at under 4 million is a great contract and a team will give up at least a 2nd for him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Was going to say something snarky but instead I'll just say: This deal stinks.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Moving down to Detroit's pick for a swap with Abdelkader or Neilsen (for Ryan) makes more sense IMO

Edit: If Ottawa's pick ends up being better, but not 1st overall that is.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so melynyk saves cash and ottawa drops from pick 3-5 (Svechnikov/Zadina/Tkachuk) to a late 1st?

as a leaf fan i love it

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Moving down to Detroit's pick for a swap with Abdelkader or Neilsen (for Ryan) makes more sense IMO

Edit: If Ottawa's pick ends up being better, but not 1st overall that is.

you think detroit is gonna take ryans awful contract just to move up a spot or 2?

not much seperating 2-5 (Zadina,Svechnikov,Tkachuk,Boqvist)

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
you think detroit is gonna take ryans awful contract just to move up a spot or 2?

not much seperating 2-5 (Zadina,Svechnikov,Tkachuk,Boqvist)

Yeah, they might. Neilsen is getting old already and he's worse than Ryan. Contract length is only 1 year less, and 2.000 less per season. Abdelkader's contract is the same length as Ryan, and he's a plug making over 4m. It's moving up 1-3 spots to get the guy they want AND slightly upgrading a roster player for taking of a little more salary. I think it's plausible. In fact, I'd do it from both sides, personally.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Rangers trade:

Marc Staal
2018 1st round pick (the lower of TB or BOS)

For

Ottawa trade:

Bobby Ryan
2018 1st round pick (top 2 protected)

Ottawa saves about 15m on this trade while dropping down in the draft around 20-25 spots. This trade is not ideal fan wise but I keep reading that the owner wants to cut costs (so owner might be in favor).

I think Ryan can regain his form in NY. I feel like he would step into Nash's role. Hopefully he scores more offensively but won't be as good defensively.

This could potentially give the Rangers two top 10 picks.

You can probably draft Boqvist and Farabee type talent.

Or

Trade a 5th and a 10th to try to get #2 for Svechnikov.

I liked Ryan but now no way, plus I’d rather keep Staal and take the cap hit for the next season and mentor the young guys rather than have Ryan just teaching the guys how to get injured

Reactions: bl02

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Rangers trade:

Marc Staal

For

Ottawa trade:

Bobby Ryan

Ottawa saves about 15m on this trade while dropping down in the draft around 20-25 spots. This trade is not ideal fan wise but I keep reading that the owner wants to cut costs (so owner might be in favor).

I think Ryan can regain his form in NY. I feel like he would step into Nash's role. Hopefully he scores more offensively but won't be as good defensively.

Or

What pick would the Rangers get if the pick is top 2? The 2019 pick is gone to the AVs in the Matt Duschene trade?

From a Ranger POV, I would wait till the lottery is over. If the pick is top 5 and if Gorton/Clark feel there is a top talent at that pick, I would do the deal. Rangers need top end talent very badly. Marc Staal has been steady this year although not worth his cap hit. Marc has an NMC so he would have to agree. How close is Kanata to Thunder Bay??? Marc has been a real good mentor to the young defenseman.

Last edited:

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
not lately

In March he's had 5 pts in 10 games (missed none)
Since February he's had 8 points in 14 games (missed 10)
Since January he's had 13 points in 24 games (missed 11)

Ignoring money, what NHL team is so deep that a 0.5 ppg forward couldn't crack their roster? Bobby Ryan is at the very least, an NHL capable player.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
In March he's had 5 pts in 10 games (missed none)
Since February he's had 8 points in 14 games (missed 10)
Since January he's had 13 points in 24 games (missed 11)

Ignoring money, what NHL team is so deep that a 0.5 ppg forward couldn't crack their roster? Bobby Ryan is at the very least, an NHL capable player.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Such a sexy argument.. by the way 21 goals in last 2 years while getting over 7M year.. So he is injured a lot....? Booo whooo...I hoep Rangers trade for him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Such a sexy argument.. by the way 21 goals in last 2 years while getting over 7M year.. So he is injured a lot....? Booo whooo...I hoep Rangers trade for him.

But I'm not sure what you're arguing about... You would rather have Staal than Ryan?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
But I'm not sure what you're arguing about... You would rather have Staal than Ryan?
You are not sure what I AM ARGUING ABOUT? Who said I am arguing at all?

P.S if you are not sure.. scroll up read the conversation... before putting your nose very deep inTO IT. Just a friendly advice. Since we are all friends here. Ok, friend?

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The OP is just trying to use the Rangers financial assets to take advantage of Ottawa's desire to turn hockey assets into cash. This is why a Karlsson trade will include Ryan. The Sens unload the financial burden on a third party and get less for EK.

When I see the Sens stop that strategy I will go back to following the team. Until then, Go Leafs!

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

What? You said Ryan is not an NHL player. You are proven wrong about that. I couldn't care less about the Rangers trading for anyone.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
What? You said Ryan is not an NHL player. You are proven wrong about that. I couldn't care less about the Rangers trading for anyone.
How am I wrong lol? Ryan scored 21 goals while making 14.5M a year. You call that NHL player? Child please...
Did I say that? I said Ryan hasn't been NHL player lately.
What
don't
you
understand?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How am I wrong lol? Ryan scored 21 goals while making 14.5M a year. You call that NHL player? Child please...
Did I say that? I said Ryan hasn't been NHL player lately.
What
don't
you
understand?
Last time I checked he was playing in the NHL.:nod::nod:

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Rangers trade:

Marc Staal

For

Ottawa trade:

Bobby Ryan

Or

Rangers aren't going to scam a 3-5 OA pick that easy. Sens won't, and shouldn't do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad