Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] NY Rangers re-sign Kevin Hayes (2 years, $2.6M AAV)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yes, I would consider a guy with average at best skating and a BRUTAL faceoff percentage to be doing worse at a position that requires you to cover more ice than anyone else along with getting killed at the key heads up matchup that begins every play to be doing worse

You would say he's played better on the wing? He's played MINIMAL time there and has looked LOST.

Multiple posters have said this. He doesn't understand how to play defense there and his offensive game suffers. Both JT Miller and Eric Staal have tried to center him and he's been AWFUL when put on the wing.

but you know, cant convince you to understand how being a slow footed center with the worst faceoff percentage in the league how guy is just not doing well at center. yet you want to use such a minute sample size of half of one season to reinforce your point whereas I will continue to use his whole two full seasons

continue on with warping the truth. must be some reason a successful NHL coach like AV moved him off center. But maybe you can write him a letter about how HF board posters know more about the game than him

I guess you can't convince someone who doesn't watch a player at all that he's not suited to be a winger when he hasn't seen him play on the wing and how bad he actually is at that position.

Maybe you can have a chat with AV, because AV obviously agrees with me and has used him minimally there due to the fact that he's been nothing short of craptastic when used there.

Maybe that's why if you look at your little usage charts, it looks something like 97% usage at center and maybe 3% at wing.

But hey, you know more than we do because you've obviously seen how great he looks on the wing and how bad he is at center.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
That's just incorrect. His entire time in the NHL 95% of it has been spent at center.

He's bad at faceoffs yes, but Hayes is a center. He's leaps and bounds better at the NHL level in the middle. He's a slower skater and he likes to hold onto the puck extra long, he has great vision and he lets the play develop around him. It sucks that he's not good at faceoffs, but he IS a center. People need to realize there is so much more to being a good center than faceoffs.

Don't even bother. He bad mouths all of our players after providing incorrect assessments.

Line blending leading to use at wing?
Plays better at wing?

Dude just needs to admit that he doesn't watch other players that are not blackhawks. Instead he's too busy trying to be "Hawkey Talk Man".

Joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad