Proposal: NYR-MTL: 9th + 26th + 30th overall for 3rd overall

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
bryxpf8zhzqy.jpg
That would have the player falling forward not feet first.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Carolina would have accepted this if they had the the 3 pick but Montrealhas too many 2nds for them to justify a deal like this.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That would have the player falling forward not feet first.

Would it? No, nobody knows since you can't really compare it to anything else. You're speculating, just like everybody else who tries to debate which way he would have fallen. Skating is about balance, with that speed, with how his body reacted to the hit, with how the lost his balance, nobody knows for sure. You're speculating.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Would it? No, nobody knows since you can't really compare it to anything else. You're speculating, just like everybody else who tries to debate which way he would have fallen. Skating is about balance, with that speed, with how his body reacted to the hit, with how the lost his balance, nobody knows for sure. You're speculating.
Played the game enough to know when someone takes my feet out from under me from front to back you fall with the motion going forward not backwards.In other words your feet go back while your body goes forwards not the other way around.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Played the game enough to know when someone takes my feet out from under me from front to back you fall with the motion going forward not backwards.In other words your feet go back while your body goes forwards not the other way around.

Do you have Kreiders speed? Did you get slashed the exact same way? Were you in the exact situation that Kreider was in, losing balance is the exact same way? I'll help you out, the answer is no. "Played the game enough to know" is pretty laughable in my opinion because, you don't know.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Do you have Kreiders speed? Did you get slashed the exact same way? Were you in the exact situation that Kreider was in, losing balance is the exact same way? I'll help you out, the answer is no. "Played the game enough to know" is pretty laughable in my opinion because, you don't know.
I can tell you never played the game.Maybe try getting into physics.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Kreider isn't an inanimate object tho, leaning back and going down feet first to protect yourself is a pretty common reflex when you're off balance and about to fall.
When your feet are supposedly sweep out from under you from a force going from front to back. Your feet are pushed backwards not frontwards.Common sense goes a long way if you look at something objectively.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I can tell you never played the game.Maybe try getting into physics.

We're bringing physics into this? Physics on ice... If you don't see the flaw in that, there's no need to continue. Oh, and I have played the game, which is why I know there's many variables that play into how somebody falls. Maybe you just haven't played with fast players, or were very fast yourself.

You can say common sense all you want, but Kreider's balance on the ice plays an important part in this. Look at him try and shoot the puck off balance, there's no way you can try and use "physics say this". Too many variables here.

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Why I'd do it..

Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes, Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi, Dobson, Smith

At least 3 of these guys will be around by pick #9 (Ideally Kotkaniemi) but theirs still talent. #25/#30 gives us more ammunition to try and move up in to the #10-#20 range. Teams like Edmonton and Florida are interesting because Florida's pick (#15) Could likely be used to draft Veleno (Honestly regardless of if we land Kotkaniemi I still see Bergevin being interested) and Edmonton's pick (#10) will still have 2 of the guys I mentioned above around. Having #25, #30, the 4 2nd rounders and roster players (Aka Pacioretty) I'm sure some deal can be worked out. And even if no further deals are made.. #25 can maybe snag a guy like Rasmus Sandin.

Although typically I would say Quality > Quantity I really don't feel like the drop in Quality is that major and two more 1st rounders is a big plus

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
We're bringing physics into this? Physics on ice... If you don't see the flaw in that, there's no need to continue.

I hope you are aware that physics happens everywhere. On land, in water, in space, in the desert, in the air, and yes, even on ice!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
yeah habs take this and run

lose Zadina but get Dobson, Merkley and Thomas

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Kreider, a world class skater, vs. you = unfair comparison

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I hope you are aware that physics happens everywhere. On land, in water, in space, in the desert, in the air, and yes, even on ice!
I hope you're also aware of all the variables that plays into it when on ice. It's not as cut and dry as Kreider got hit from the front so he should have fell backwards. My argument isn't physics is eliminated from Ice and doesn't exist, but that you can't call it black and white based on the hit and how Kreider fell. Too many variables. The shot, the right skate off balance, everything plays into how Kreider fell.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
May be time to continue in a new thread.
I don't see NYR - MON doing the OP
however, I see other possible for them to swap

The premise has been 3OA must get Zib or similarly established 1C; however NY has better deal to do w/Canes, a package of 4 for 4, involving Zib and returning 2OA. So that overtakes 3OA.

However I see some consensus around Howden, a former 1st who we like a lot, + 9OA for 3OA +. We don't want/need goalie prospect, but if that were upgraded from 3rd round to the Blackhawks 2nd rounder, 38OA I believe, we have a deal for sure.
factoring in it would not take Howden to move up from 9OA to 6OA, that is something NY should consider and where I was leaning. But I would do that.

So instead of change thread title, open new thread
3OA + 38OA for Howden + 9OA

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Yes.
new thread here also, see if Isles do it.

As an Isles fan I certainly would do it. Given where the Isles are now without JT certainty and the Rangers further along in bringing in young talent and more likely looking for another high end prospect instead of a few further down it makes sense to me as an Isles fan.

I'm hoping that Kotkaniemi falls to #11 and we use the late 1sts to load up on defense prospects and then the 3 2nds can go BPA

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I think its a great offer but not one that Gorton will put on the table, NYR would be stupid to do this in such a deep draft. I would rather have Dobson/Kotkaniemi + Bokk + Kaut/Sandin than Zadina. I know he is a great talent but there are quality players all over the first 2 rounds. Why lose picks when you are rebuilding. Unless Svechnikov slips to 3 I don't do this, I think Svech is that much better.

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad