Proposal: NYR-Minny

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
where have you seen Nash to MIN?!

I mean he's a LW but we need to get good young players not trade good young players.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I actually like Nash, but we have to find a way to get younger. We don't have any need of Lindberg at all. We'd have to find another right wing to replace Granlund...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lindburg is more interesting to me than Nash.

Nash's salary is way too much for the Wild (Brodin and Granny combined are less).

I think the only way Nash could come to Minny is if Pommer goes to NYR.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

yeah that basically said the Wild have some impending RFAs and New York has an extra Rick Nash. I have no idea why those players being RFAs would be viewed as a reason to trade them for Nash but that seemed to be the implication.

if this happens...if we get Nash for anything other than something that doesn't make sense the other way (say Pomminville going the other way), it'll take some explaining to make me see the light.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yikes.

This is one of those things you should just know not to post.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who in their right mind would think that this trade makes any sense for the Wild?

Love the addition of the 5th.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Does not fill a need for NYR

Needs are RHD, picks / prospects, cap space

Polite decline here because of team need, not bad value though

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Does not fill a need for NYR

Needs are RHD, picks / prospects, cap space

Polite decline here because of team need, not bad value though

Good post.

Also, most posters on this board are offering cap-dump level returns for Nash. He's not a cap-dump, and our GM has gone on record saying he's not going to make a deal just to make a deal. The value has to be there.

I think Nash gets traded at the TDL, personally. It makes more sense for NYR to gamble on Nash returning to form than it does for them to send him off for nothing. Despite being snakebitten last season, his possession numbers at ES were still insane.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
7.8m AAV for a 36 point season, 2nd time in 3 years he finished sub 40 points. Yeah you go ahead and keep that one. I'll go ahead and keep the guy who just hit 44 actually playing the whole season, makes less than half the cap hit while still being a cost controlled RFA, and is almost a decade younger.

Lindberg would be the more interesting piece but he doesn't get you Granlund or Brodin and honestly 3rd liners aren't enough of a need for the Wild to consider a legitimate trade with him as the centerpiece coming back.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This is embarrassingly bad from the Wild's perspective.

I think the Rangers have been living in a dream world since the Gomez-McDonagh trade.

Maybe they should stay there for the night is dark and full of terrors.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

I think the Rangers have been living in a dream world since the Gomez-McDonagh trade.

OP isn't a NYR fan, FYI. To say nothing of value (since that will just start a flame war), this fits none of our needs. We have good C depth, and are logjammed at LD. We need RH OFDs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This doesn't seem particularly fair for Minny and regardless this probably isn't a trade the Rangers do.

I'm enjoying not being where Minnesota has been, that's for sure.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
This is dumb.

It Minnesota trades a top 4 dman, it's either going to be for futures that don't require draft protection, or it's going to be in a package with a veteran that we'd rather not protect.

If we did this trade, we would have to protect 4 defensemen, and would likely lose a forward we like more than either guy coming back, or possibly even our starting goalie.

Yeah, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad