Friedman: NYR make Vitali Kravtsov available for trade

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I can't believe a mtl fan offered harris and a 2nd ,

But I suppose some people are still high on him,

I'd love to get him for cheap but idk about a second rounder and a decent young roster player
I'd trade a Struble for him if the guy confirms he's not signing him, or another struggling prospect, a Mysak type.

Not a regular NHLer playing 18min / night at 22, and ESPECIALLYA NOT a top40 pick

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Needs some more time imo with NA game.

Habs can be a great fit during a rebuild, actually.
Yes with our coaching staff i would like to take the chance on Kravtsov but depending on the price like i said earlier i would easily give a 2023 3rd or 2024 2nd ( cant do a 2nd this year its gonna be like a low 1st in a deep draft ) or a B prospect like Mysak,Tuch,Struble or Riley but woudlnt pay much for him hes a big risk he never produced and hes style doesnt really fit for a bottom 6 role hes top 6 or bust imo

Im sure it was Bobrov who pushed to draft him so he might still convince Gorton to pick him up

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hoglander has played way more NHL games & has a higher PPG than Kravstov, he's also younger and doesn't require waivers right now. Who's a worse player than who here exactly?

Hoglander is a better asset & Kravstov hasn't proven anything as a player, from Van's perspective I wouldn't do it.
That doesn’t change the fact that Hoglander doesn’t help the Rangers this year.

Holgander is much better suited to play in the bottom six than Kravtsov is.
Maybe? But is Gallant putting him there? I doubt it. And then it’s the same problem again

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Mid-late 2nd round pick or a swap for someone like Hoglander or Podkolzin at the high end.

Im not expecting anywhere near a 1st rounder but I am also not expecting a 4th rounder or 4th liner either.

Harris + 2023 2nd
Get out of here. Habs are not doing this.
Replace Harris with one of Mysak or Struble and switch the pick to a 3rd pick.
That's one hell of a good deal for the Rangers.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What about Harris straight up?
Not interested. Rather go another route which should be quite easy. Only one poster wants an outrageous price for him. I see the asking price from most Ranger fans are in the right range.

Like i offered Mysak or Struble and our 3rd is quite fair.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not interested. Rather go another route which should be quite easy. Only one poster wants an outrageous price for him. I see the asking price from most Ranger fans are in the right range.

Like i offered Mysak or Struble and our 3rd is quite fair.
Not doing this. Neither player can is helping the Rangers this year. Not moving Kravtsov if the Rangers aren’t getting help this year. Don’t think Rangers and Montreal are much of a match here, but people will think so because of Gordon. MTL doesn’t have anything that helps the Rangers this year that they are giving for Kravtsov

How about that Justin Schulz-like bitch Henry Thrun for Kravtsov?
No, if they want him they’ll just wait him out and try to sign him

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not doing this. Neither player can is helping the Rangers this year. Not moving Kravtsov if the Rangers aren’t getting help this year. Don’t think Rangers and Montreal are much of a match here, but people will think so because of Gordon. MTL doesn’t have anything that helps the Rangers this year that they are giving for Kravtsov
All i have read in this thread points to the Rangers not wanting to trade Kravtsov for a rental. You come in asking for a rental.
So what is it?
Do the Rangers want to trade for a rental like your suggesting or do the Rangers want a Pick , prospect, in return ?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All i have read in this thread points to the Rangers not wanting to trade Kravtsov for a rental. You come in asking for a rental.
So what is it?
Do the Rangers want to trade for a rental like your suggesting or do the Rangers want a Pick , prospect, in return ?
Ask Drury. F if I know.

I have zero problem trading him for a rental because the cap is a disaster. Player needs to be an every game contributor though

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
So what is it?
Young RW which needs a change of scenery not named Puljujarvi.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Could you imagine Bern's or EdJo's reactions if generational Kravtsov gets traded for a 3rd (!) round pick?

Joking aside, I think a late 2nd, early 3rd is fair. Rangers can then use it for a complimentary piece that helps them right now in another trade.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
we're not talking about a 19 or 20 year old kid Kravtsov is turning 24 this year and never produced anywhere
At this point his value is about whatever you can get from a fringe roster player with potential, reclamation former top prospect project, and any pick you can get.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Could you imagine Bern's or EdJo's reactions if generational Kravtsov gets traded for a 3rd (!) round pick?

Joking aside, I think a late 2nd, early 3rd is fair. Rangers can then use it for a complimentary piece that helps them right now in another trade.

would not be the first time I will be proven right and mgmt proven wrong!
I'm still pissed about dealing Park + Ratelle

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
if he goes -- we can still hold off for now -- it will be to highest bidder

mutual backscratch
Krav + Sykora [2nd rounder, good F prospect] + Jones + Avs 2023 3rd + NYR 2024 2nd
for
Vatrano at half + Ducks 2023 2nd + [dead man walking LD prospect] Thrun (rights)

Ducks 2nd now worth more than NYR one next yr, but they are getting Jones [former 3rd rounder] for Thrun [a 4th rounder].

A 9OA + a nice prospect + a 2023 3rd is overpayment for Vats, even fully extended

this should be a backup move

At this point his value is about whatever you can get from a fringe roster player with potential, reclamation former top prospect project, and any pick you can get.
not nec
and also, we don't HAVE TO deal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That team lacked the toughness required to win it all. Espo was tougher, but Park for Vadnais?
Cat Franncis wanted to show he was in charge.
I got that directly from Rod Gilbert

It was completely unnecessary.
Vadnais was nice, underrated, but not worth Park

Ratelle much better overall game

btw
Krav reminds of a young Ratelle
NY again stupid for not listening to bern and trying him at pivot

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If NYR wants a pick but also need someone for the bottom two lines, how about Bonino and a 4th for him?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d take him on the Leafs if he can play LW. We have a spot open at 2LW that he could get a nice look at. There really isn’t any player internally that deserves that spot so may as well.

This isn't the time to "try" somebody in that spot you need to go get the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad