Friedman: NYR make Vitali Kravtsov available for trade

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The Rangers 1st round pick and Kravtsov for Gavrikov extended.

New York needs to solidify their LHD for the cup run. Can’t get a better guy for it than Gavrikov

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Kravtsov's overrating in this thread is insane. The guy is a bust looking for the last chance to hang in at the NHL level and someone offers roster player and early 2nd for him :laugh:

He isn't going to become a top-6 forward out of nowhere just because you tell him to. What exactly makes his value so high compared to the other busts? Why not trade for Denisenko or Alex Nylander then? Harris and a 2nd to everyone.
It's a boom or bust kind of deal, I'm willing to take the chance. Harris isn't a need for us and we have so many picks and prospects already. I'm looking for a home run hit.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Kravtsov's overrating in this thread is insane. The guy is a bust looking for the last chance to hang in at the NHL level and someone offers roster player and early 2nd for him :laugh:

He isn't going to become a top-6 forward out of nowhere just because you tell him to. What exactly makes his value so high compared to the other busts? Why not trade for Denisenko or Alex Nylander then? Harris and a 2nd to everyone.

The kid has talent. He sees the ice well.

My two issues I see with him are he is frail so he gets knocked off the puck easy, and he prefers to skate circles back into the play instead of hard stop and starts.

If he decided to take training more seriously he'll probably be a very good middle sixer for some team in the next 2 years. Om not sure he ever figures that out, but the talent is worth something. It's still a risk for NYR to let him go for peanuts and look worse than they do today 2-3 years from now.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
We have a surplus of LD. He's our least offensive prospect. He's not big, but he's a good defender that can contribute a bit of offense. We need a guy like Kravtzov to play RW with Dach.
He’s shown nothing at the NHL level and you want to give up a high 2nd and a hood young defender and then put him on the 2nd line? Montreal has Caufield and Anderson as their top 2 RW.

You’re offering way more than what most hockey pundits think he’ll get (a 3rd)

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Any chance the Rangers consider something like Iafallo for Kravtsov?
Iafallo is established but has to fihgt the kIngs surplus of wingers.
Kravtsov needs something else than the Rangers

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The kid has talent. He sees the ice well.
Yes, anyone drafted that early has talent. But when you manage to squeeze absolutely nothing out of it by the age 23, it probably isn't worth a whole lot. At this point, he shows less promise than Nichushkin who, I remind you, was bought out. Or Tolvanen, who was waived.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
He’s shown nothing at the NHL level and you want to give up a high 2nd and a hood young defender and then put him on the 2nd line? Montreal has Caufield and Anderson as their top 2 RW.

You’re offering way more than what most hockey pundits think he’ll get (a 3rd)
Maybe I'm out to lunch, we'll see what he returns.

I rather take a chance on a boom or bust 23 year old with lots of talent and size than to hold onto Harris which we don't need. We're stacked at LD

Guhle
Hutson
Xhekaj
Matheson
Struble

And a second round pick is just an 18 year old magic bean that might not sprout. Kravtzov at 23 fits our core perfectly. If he puts it all together and becomes a 60 point player then fantastic. If he bust.. meh no big deal.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Slaf is a left wing.

Dubois - Dach - Kravtzov
Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield

Or a combination of.
And what do you do with our 2x top10 pick this year with zero defensive prospect really worth it?

Fact is we do not need Krav, especially at the expense of anything above a 3rd rd pick. We have more than enough good young offensive prospects in Roy, Beck, Farell, Mesar, and 2 top10 pick this year that we won't need to send assets to get him.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

I rather take a chance on a boom or bust 23 year old with lots of talent and size than to hold onto Harris which we don't need. We're stacked at LD

Guhle
Hutson
Xhekaj
Matheson
Struble

And a second round pick is just a 18 year old magic bean that might not sprout. Kravtzov at 23 fits our core perfectly.

But when you can potentially get him for a 3rd and you’re throwing in a young ELC NHL defenceman on top of a higher pick. It’s wasting valuable assets. Kravstov is looking far more bust than boom and you want to gift him with a top 6 spot? I’d rather see what some of our young wife get prospects look like than throw away good assets on an entitled kid who requires waivers

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Guhle
Hutson
Xhekaj
Matheson
Struble

And a second round pick is just an 18 year old magic bean that might not sprout. Kravtzov at 23 fits our core perfectly. If he puts it all together and becomes a 60 point player then fantastic. If he bust.. meh no big deal.
And then Struble doesn't sign..
You're down to 4 LHD. That's not how you build a team.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
But when you can potentially get him for a 3rd and you’re throwing in a young ELC NHL defenceman on top of a higher pick. It’s wasting valuable assets. Kravstov is looking far more bust than boom and you want to gift him with a top 6 spot? I’d rather see what some of our young wife get prospects look like than throw away good assets on an entitled kid who requires waivers
Well ya I wouldn't put him in the bottom 6 lol. He would immediately start in the top 6 tried with Suzuki and Dach to find the better chemistry.

I'm not a GM, I don't know what the price is. If the 2nd rounder alone gets it done then let's do it. I'm not high on Harris, mostly because of how deep we are on the left.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
And then Struble doesn't sign..
You're down to 4 LHD. That's not how you build a team.
We have more LDs in the pipeline as well. Harris will probably not be able to play in the top 4 anyways. He's got Guhle, Matheson, Xhakej that are currently ahead of him, and he's got Hutson coming in who might even disrupt Guhle from the 1st pairing. He'll probably never be more than a bottom pairing in MTL.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Well ya I wouldn't put him in the bottom 6 lol. He would immediately start in the top 6 tried with Suzuki and Dach to find the better chemistry.

I'm not a GM, I don't know what the price is. If the 2nd rounder alone gets it done then let's do it. I'm not high on Harris, mostly because of how deep we are on the left.
Hughes was high enough on him to sign him to a 2 year extension. So I doubt he shares your opinion of Harris.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
All those good players they had since 94, desirable destination, and no cups is pretty pathetic. And to answer your next post: At least MTL had shit rosters we have an excuse.
Strange argument since your team has no cups since 93.

The Rangers 1st round pick and Kravtsov for Gavrikov extended.

New York needs to solidify their LHD for the cup run. Can’t get a better guy for it than Gavrikov
Go troll somewhere else.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Iafallo is established but has to fihgt the kIngs surplus of wingers.
Can't afford him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
In regards to cap?
Then throw some cap in there maybe?
We have none. That sounds conceited, right? Like "All are players are so great. We have no cap dumps". But the truth is, outside of the core, young pieces, we have nobody over 1 million that doesn't have some kinda' clause in their contract. Even if Goodrow had Kings on his list, Kings aren't looking to take back that type of contract. We don't have any current expiring or 2024 expiring cap dumps. We can't afford him this year without retention and we can't afford him going forward.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
We have more LDs in the pipeline as well. Harris will probably not be able to play in the top 4 anyways. He's got Guhle, Matheson, Xhakej that are currently ahead of him, and he's got Hutson coming in who might even disrupt Guhle from the 1st pairing. He'll probably never be more than a bottom pairing in MTL.
And trading him AND a 2nd for a 23 yold bust is the worse thing to do.

Again. What has he accomplished that's soooo mich better than guys like Yakupov or Anderson who were traded for 3-4th rder?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
And trading him AND a 2nd for a 23 yold bust is the worse thing to do.

Again. What has he accomplished that's soooo mich better than guys like Yakupov or Anderson who were traded for 3-4th rder?
I can't believe a mtl fan offered harris and a 2nd ,

But I suppose some people are still high on him,

I'd love to get him for cheap but idk about a second rounder and a decent young roster player

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Iafallo is established but has to fight the KIngs surplus of wingers.
to play 4th line LW? behind Bread, Kreider, Laf? for $4M Cap Hit - doubtful

doubt LAK retain 1/2 for 2 more seasons, and that's about the only way it could work

NYR w Cap squeeze coming when extending Chytil, Miller, Laf

Reactions: Kurrilino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad