Proposal: (NYR/LA)

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
No from NYR.
Turcotte projects as dynamic pivot, best case scenario and Krav, drafted similar slotting, likewise has similar upside, even if at this pt Turcotte is viewed as better prospect.

The dif here is people forget Krav has played C at high level of competition. IMO once small adjustment to be comfortable w/NHL/North American size rinks, etc, is done, should be pivot betw. Kakko LW and righty shot Panarin RW, a complete line w/a driver of play Kakko, a facilitator Krav, and a scoring finisher, breadman.

So given that we do not need to move on a basis on desperate need.
We are also adding Morgan Barron some pt relatively soon, and for bottom depth we can look at Girgensons for a 1 yr stopgap.

Conclusion: benefit of keeping/using 22OA outweighs dif in Turcotte over Krav, assuming that projection of who actually turns out to be the more productive player is correct. [Remember, one guy can be "better" than another, but who he plays with can impact his final production. Chemistry is a fragile thing, and it varies...]

however, good effort OP.

ps -- it is not really clear, what are LAK's current needs?

I haven’t seen the word pivot used this much since Bern was trying to hype up Boo Nieves as a legit center option. Sounds fancy...

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Not always.
This is the bs argument we expect from a given political party, which to keep within HFB guidelines is not named here, that proffers always, that less government (i.e, regulation, etc.) is better government.

Less government is NOT automatically better government.
Less government is only less government.
Better depends on the facts of what regulation etc is cut out and what are the net benefits, if any, from such cuts.

----------

As relates here, I agree that 'me too' duplication is better served if, in addition to concurrence, posters would provide insight on why that is their opinion.

My context was useful.
Enjoy.

Where the f*** did this come from? Are you doing a bit?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
It doesn’t make sense for either team plus how often do we see prospect trades? It’s usually guys that are struggling traded for each other. Kings will wait and see what they have with their young forwards before they’re trade them and I’d imagine it will be to fill a need on D.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
[QUOTE="SFKingshomer, post: 173585471, member: 71466"]It doesn’t make sense for either team plus how often do we see prospect trades? It’s usually guys that are struggling traded for each other. Kings will wait and see what they have with their young forwards before they’re trade them and I’d imagine it will be to fill a need on D.[/QUOTE]

It make a lot of sense for the Rangers.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
With the hiring of Wroblewski as coach for the Kings farm team I suspect Turcotte is currently the Kings most untouchable prospect.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Alex Turcotte for Vitali Kravtsov and No22 OA

Rangers get top Center Prospect and system in need of Centers

kings get top Wing prospect + for a system in need of wings

What do you guys think. I think this is a fair trade

Problem here is that Kravtsov is playing like crap. He had a real bad year getting horrible numbers with more ice time and moved to a worse league.
I hope he turns it around but certainly Turcotte isn't available for him.

I would counter with Lizotte + 2nd for Kravtsov

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Problem here is that Kravtsov is playing like crap. He had a real bad year getting horrible numbers with more ice time and moved to a worse league.

Good to know none of these inadequate deals will steal Kravtsov's bright future from NYR

Reactions: bernmeister

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We've been told in no less than 5 threads on this very forum that Turcotte is bad/disappointing but people keep trying to trade for him...

I like Kravtsov but not at the cost of Turcotte. We have to see what we have with him, as well as our #2 OA, first. Not really in a spot to give up Turcotte/Vilardi/2OA before we see where they slot/what they can do.

Reactions: go4hockey and funky

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Has started off the KHL season pretty strong on a pretty anemic offensive team. If he continues playing like this thru 4 games it won't be long until he's on the first line.

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Sorry. I am keeping Turcotte if I am the Kings. The guy is listed at center but also plays the wing. He is a great skater, looks to have a good IQ and does possess a great skillset. The Kings made there cup runs building from from the backend out but it was aided by probably the strongest center depth in the league with guys like Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll as centers aided by Fraser and Lewis.

At this point Kopitar is still here and aging well but the same cannot be said about Carter. We had a rookie that missed a year and a half of hockey come in and take over as our second line center for the last 10 games of the year and that excited us. Even if we draft Byfield he is 2 years away from being productive. Turcotte still needs a year in the AHL unless he knocks everyones socks of at camp and Vilardi has health concerns. If things go perfect we project Kopitar, Vilardi, Byfield and Turcotte as top 6 centers. There is nothing wrong with 1 of those 3 ending up on a wing and 1 of those 3 ending up as our 3rd line center. If a coach roles 3 lines to spread out the offence we will have 3 centers that can do the job. If we get hit by injuries we are equipped. Center depth is so important, why get rid of a potential strength.

Blake may also pass on Byfield and take Stutzle, or even a Raymond. That also changes things.

I like Kravtsov, he has size and skill and once he gains consistency he will be dangerous. We have other centers who may be traded in Madden, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan and Akil Thomas but they are not good enough to land Kravtsov. Just dont see our teams fitting as trade partners.

Reactions: bl02

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Alex Turcotte for Vitali Kravtsov and No22 OA

Rangers get top Center Prospect and system in need of Centers

kings get top Wing prospect + for a system in need of wings

What do you guys think. I think this is a fair trade

I disagree. I don't think it's a fair trade and I'm guessing you are a Rangers fan.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sorry. I am keeping Turcotte if I am the Kings...
I like Kravtsov, he has size and skill and once he gains consistency he will be dangerous. We have other centers who may be traded ... but they are not good enough to land Kravtsov. Just dont see our teams fitting as trade partners.

Keep this and forget most of the other replies. No compelling reason for either team to move a key high-upside F prospect

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
No from NYR.
Turcotte projects as dynamic pivot, best case scenario and Krav, drafted similar slotting, likewise has similar upside, even if at this pt Turcotte is viewed as better prospect.

The dif here is people forget Krav has played C at high level of competition. IMO once small adjustment to be comfortable w/NHL/North American size rinks, etc, is done, should be pivot betw. Kakko LW and righty shot Panarin RW, a complete line w/a driver of play Kakko, a facilitator Krav, and a scoring finisher, breadman.

So given that we do not need to move on a basis on desperate need.
We are also adding Morgan Barron some pt relatively soon, and for bottom depth we can look at Girgensons for a 1 yr stopgap.

Conclusion: benefit of keeping/using 22OA outweighs dif in Turcotte over Krav, assuming that projection of who actually turns out to be the more productive player is correct. [Remember, one guy can be "better" than another, but who he plays with can impact his final production. Chemistry is a fragile thing, and it varies...]

however, good effort OP.

ps -- it is not really clear, what are LAK's current needs?
I love how I always know a Bernmeister post when I just scroll through posts reading them without looking at username/avy :laugh:

btw I’ll reply to your PM today, sorry I’ve been bombarded with them!

Reactions: bernmeister

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Keep this and forget most of the other replies. No compelling reason for either team to move a key high-upside F prospect

Maybe when we know what these parts are and they establish more concrete value, there's a trade to be made since there are some intriguing parts that could fit holes on either squad. But right now it's all just throwing darts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It doesn’t make sense for either team plus how often do we see prospect trades? It’s usually guys that are struggling traded for each other. Kings will wait and see what they have with their young forwards before they’re trade them and I’d imagine it will be to fill a need on D.

It makes a lot of sense for the Rangers. We have no real need for Kravtsov or an extra first.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

No idea what a Lizotte is, but I'll happily take the 2nd overall pick for Kravtsov. You have a deal sir.

Reactions: FireGorton

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I like Turcotte more but doubt either organization does this. Irony is if Gorton didn’t get cute with the draft he would have Vilardi which would solve the Center depth chart issue Rangers fans keep trying to solve with trade proposals.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
No. The value isn’t bad, but I’ll still keep Kravtsov. Upside is higher than either of the two Kings prospects. We don’t need LHD prospects, unless they are immediate impact guys.

Clague will be in the NHL next year, if you count that as an impact. He’s had several years of development and a cup of coffee last season. He’s pencilled in next to Sean Walker as our 2/3 LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad