bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Alex Turcotte for Vitali Kravtsov and No22 OA

Rangers get top Center Prospect and system in need of Centers

kings get top Wing prospect + for a system in need of wings

What do you guys think. I think this is a fair trade

No from NYR.
Turcotte projects as dynamic pivot, best case scenario and Krav, drafted similar slotting, likewise has similar upside, even if at this pt Turcotte is viewed as better prospect.

The dif here is people forget Krav has played C at high level of competition. IMO once small adjustment to be comfortable w/NHL/North American size rinks, etc, is done, should be pivot betw. Kakko LW and righty shot Panarin RW, a complete line w/a driver of play Kakko, a facilitator Krav, and a scoring finisher, breadman.

So given that we do not need to move on a basis on desperate need.
We are also adding Morgan Barron some pt relatively soon, and for bottom depth we can look at Girgensons for a 1 yr stopgap.

Conclusion: benefit of keeping/using 22OA outweighs dif in Turcotte over Krav, assuming that projection of who actually turns out to be the more productive player is correct. [Remember, one guy can be "better" than another, but who he plays with can impact his final production. Chemistry is a fragile thing, and it varies...]

however, good effort OP.

ps -- it is not really clear, what are LAK's current needs?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No from NYR.
Turcotte projects as dynamic pivot, best case scenario and Krav, drafted similar slotting, likewise has similar upside, even if at this pt Turcotte is viewed as better prospect.

The dif here is people forget Krav has played C at high level of competition. IMO once small adjustment to be comfortable w/NHL/North American size rinks, etc, is done, should be pivot betw. Kakko LW and righty shot Panarin RW, a complete line w/a driver of play Kakko, a facilitator Krav, and a scoring finisher, breadman.

So given that we do not need to move on a basis on desperate need.
We are also adding Morgan Barron some pt relatively soon, and for bottom depth we can look at Girgensons for a 1 yr stopgap.

Conclusion: benefit of keeping/using 22OA outweighs dif in Turcotte over Krav, assuming that projection of who actually turns out to be the more productive player is correct. [Remember, one guy can be "better" than another, but who he plays with can impact his final production. Chemistry is a fragile thing, and it varies...]

however, good effort OP.

ps -- it is not really clear, what are LAK's current needs?

Just a common “no” works at times. Not every things need a paragraph.

Reactions: go4hockey

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's not that we forgot, Bern. Nobody agrees.

Krav needs to prove a lot more if he's going to be included in big trades.

The unspoken truth here is Krav had a good camp and got screwed b'c Rangers mismanaged the situation. They adamantly gave top mins w/Zib and Kreider to an undeserving Lias, just to try to justify him as a 7OA. On top of that, not helping, was it took until after camp to remove the POS that is Namest., which also took away mins that others, incl Krav, needed.

So I stand by my representation.

There is a reason we took this guy over Dobson, and it's not anything negative on a beast of a righty shot RD. There is huge upside in Krav, and that needs to be both recognized and fostered which is not quite happening now due to a #s game.

Mgmt needs to listen to me and try very hard to move some vets for not nec top top dollar but adequate market value. Dea to make room for Nils L; Strome to make room for Krav, Chytil, Kakko, Gauthier.

At THAT point, Rangers will start to reap full return on their investment.

On this one we only agree that the longer they hold and develop Krav, the higher his production and value will be if ultimately he is traded.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just a common “no” works at times. Not every things need a paragraph.

I see the American flag yet I see you attempting to minimize freedom of speech.

There is a disconnect there.

And btw, nobody silences bernmeister.

ps content was appropriate add as to context.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not silencing you at all. less is more.

Not always.
This is the bs argument we expect from a given political party, which to keep within HFB guidelines is not named here, that proffers always, that less government (i.e, regulation, etc.) is better government.

Less government is NOT automatically better government.
Less government is only less government.
Better depends on the facts of what regulation etc is cut out and what are the net benefits, if any, from such cuts.

----------

As relates here, I agree that 'me too' duplication is better served if, in addition to concurrence, posters would provide insight on why that is their opinion.

My context was useful.
Enjoy.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

No. The Kings wouldn't do that. Kravtsov did nothing to prove he's a top wing prospect last year.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

You keep your prospects as the Kings are happy to keep our prospects.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Unless NYR offers something stupid for Turcotte or something, there is no way LA deals him before this season. He is still a big question mark with ridiculous potential. He had a quiet year, but his offseason development has been insane, his work ethic and compete levels are what he is known for, and he has been working out with Jack Hughes and Trevor Zegras and is in the great shape heading into next year. He is due to break out, and the Kings will want to look at just how much progress he can make this season or get a better look at his future potential before they do something crazy with their futures in general.

Reactions: go4hockey

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The unspoken truth here is Krav had a good camp and got screwed b'c Rangers mismanaged the situation. They adamantly gave top mins w/Zib and Kreider to an undeserving Lias, just to try to justify him as a 7OA. On top of that, not helping, was it took until after camp to remove the POS that is Namest., which also took away mins that others, incl Krav, needed.

So I stand by my representation.

There is a reason we took this guy over Dobson, and it's not anything negative on a beast of a righty shot RD. There is huge upside in Krav, and that needs to be both recognized and fostered which is not quite happening now due to a #s game.

Mgmt needs to listen to me and try very hard to move some vets for not nec top top dollar but adequate market value. Dea to make room for Nils L; Strome to make room for Krav, Chytil, Kakko, Gauthier.

At THAT point, Rangers will start to reap full return on their investment.

On this one we only agree that the longer they hold and develop Krav, the higher his production and value will be if ultimately he is traded.

For the last time, Lias DID NOT play a regular shift with Zibanejad and Kreider.

Stop spewing blatant lies.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

From a value perspective this is a solid offer. From a team need perspective I don't think it does anything for the Kings. Assuming they select Byfield the Kings will be flush with forward prospects. Even though they are listed as C, a few will be better wingers in the NHL so I don't think wing is a huge need. Of the Kings top 12 prospects they have 10 forwards and 2 defender (Bjornfot, Clague) and both are LH shots. If the Kings were to be motivated into trading Turcotte I think the return would have to include a very good RHD prospect. Lundkvist would be the piece. Maybe Lundkvist + 22 for Turcotte + Van 2nd - full disclosure I don't speak for Kings fans, I'm a neutral fan just spit-balling ideas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad