Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Josh Jooris to Rangers

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
He's a good player. Just caught in a numbers game in Calgary I think. Nice signing by the Rangers. He should be a very solid 3/4 line centre and has the skill to play higher as well. I was hoping the Oilers would sign him for our 3C.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
What? The one thing you can be sure Jooris brings in energy, he's a very hard worker who isn't a skilled player but goes all out every shift.

I didnt see much energy last year. Rookie season, yes, last year, nope

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
He's a good player. Just caught in a numbers game in Calgary I think. Nice signing by the Rangers. He should be a very solid 3/4 line centre and has the skill to play higher as well. I was hoping the Oilers would sign him for our 3C.

I wish the Oilers signed him to be a third line center, lol...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Josh IMO is a better RW than center.

Not to derail but are you expecting one of Drai or RNH to play wing?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

We will see. He's likely 5th on the healthy center depth chart off the bat. Stepan-Brassard-Hayes-Lindberg-Jooris. Lindberg is out until at least November after hip surgery. Jooris might have a spot on the wing. If he really does play a high energy game, doesn't fail to execute what the coaches ask, and PKs well, you just eliminated 3 of the 4 things keeping Glass in the lineup.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We will see. He's likely 5th on the healthy center depth chart off the bat. Stepan-Brassard-Hayes-Lindberg-Jooris. Lindberg is out until at least November after hip surgery. Jooris might have a spot on the wing. If he really does play a high energy game, doesn't fail to execute what the coaches ask, and PKs well, you just eliminated 3 of the 4 things keeping Glass in the lineup.

In my opinion Josh is much more effective as a RW than as a C. If he is used heavily at C you may be disappointed as he isn't that good on the dot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In my opinion Josh is much more effective as a RW than as a C. If he is used heavily at C you may be disappointed as he isn't that good on the dot.
I think Josh will be better on the dot this year, not great but better. Last year I think his off-season wrist surgery hurt his FO game some.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I think Josh will be better on the dot this year, not great but better. Last year I think his off-season wrist surgery hurt his FO game some.

It will be interesting to see. At the very least, he'll be serviceable as a stopgap center until Lindberg is healthy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I refuse to believe Glass will be eliminated until proven otherwise.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I refuse to believe Glass will be eliminated until proven otherwise.

He got sent down in October and the demotion lasted 17 games, at which point there was an injury and a lot of our bottom-6 players were playing pretty terribly.

I have to think that if the bottom-6 players are actually executing, which didn't really happen last year, Glass won't be in the lineup.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Enjoy him rags fans. Upper echelon penalty killer, possession driver up the ice, can finish in tight and can play up the lineup without looking out of place, and a strong forechecker. He's the perfect modern utility forward.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Enjoy him rags fans. Upper echelon penalty killer, possession driver up the ice, can finish in tight and can play up the lineup without looking out of place, and a strong forechecker. He's the perfect modern utility forward.

Good lord, he's not that good, lol.

Lots of overrating going on for a 600K forward in this thread.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Really fun guy to watch as non Flames fan. Fast down that wing. I don't think Hartley knew what to do with him/fit him in the lineup.

Hartley may not have been able to find a way to fit him in, but AV will find a way not too in favor of his pet. I like this signing, we didn't have the cap room to do much but this signing along with the others Gorton has made will create a lot of competition in the bottom 6 with young, high motor guys.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good lord, he's not that good, lol.

Lots of overrating going on for a 600K forward in this thread.
As opposed to those blatantly fabricating things, right?

Very few are overrating Jooris, most of us don't have the blind hate you do though.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I loled at the guy who said he took a ton of dumb hooking penalties then someone points out all the penalties he took last season and zero were hooking :laugh:

Troll among us.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I think Rangers fans are gonna like this guy. Versatile, feisty bottom 6 fan favourite type of guy. Think Blair Betts.

Hopefully it's a 2 way deal. Josh Jooris playing for his NHL life is an effective player. Comfortable Josh Jooris not so much. I wish the Flames would have found a way to keep him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Very solid bottom 6 winger. Tenacious checker, not particularly good at any one thing (although he's decently fast), and extremely likeable. Wish the Flames would've re-signed him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Rangers fans are gonna like this guy. Versatile, feisty bottom 6 fan favourite type of guy. Think Blair Betts.

Hopefully it's a 2 way deal. Josh Jooris playing for his NHL life is an effective player. Comfortable Josh Jooris not so much. I wish the Flames would have found a way to keep him.

Blair Betts was a prototypical 4th line center who was good to very good with defensive assignments and decent on face-offs and a pretty good penalty killer.

That said I wouldn't say he was particularly versatile or feisty. There were occasions when the Rangers tried to move him up in the lineup (because of injury or whatever) or to the wing and it never worked out well at all. Jooris as well seems as if he could be a more productive offensive player. Betts played in a more offensive era and only had 78 points in 477 regular season games. Two 20 point seasons and Jooris will match Betts offensive production in a more defensive era. Just saying--that seems very realizable. There seems to be more bite to Jooris's game than there was to Betts. Betts didn't shy away from physical play (as in getting hit) but he wasn't all that proactive at it. I know you guys drafted him and had him for a while and I can't speak to how he was as a Flame---but as a Ranger he was just a decent role player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad