Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Josh Jooris to Rangers

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I didn't even know this guy wasn't in the Flames organization anymore. He looked good the times I saw him vs MTL.

Consistency issues. I think this is the season where we find out if he can be a decent 3rd liner over a season, or if he's locked in as a 4th liner, or if he's just a tweener. I'd say even odds all around. Good gamble by the Rags. I feel like this is a quality dumpster dive whether it works out or not.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
damn, wanted him in Calgary. Good player, good speed, makes mistakes but can be coached.

I thought ditching Colborne to keep Jooris was a great plan, or at least I'd hoped.

Good sign by NYR for sure.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Jooris from his rookie year was great. Lots of energy, could slide up and down the lineup.

This past season was a step back though, and I don't think the organization was happy with his work ethic in comparison. Wasn't "bad" per say, just nowhere near what we were used to seeing from him.

When he's skating and playing hard, he's a great energy bottom six guy. When he's not skating hard, he's a 13th forward.

Good player to have though I think.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Jooris from his rookie year was great. Lots of energy, could slide up and down the lineup.

This past season was a step back though, and I don't think the organization was happy with his work ethic in comparison. Wasn't "bad" per say, just nowhere near what we were used to seeing from him.

When he's skating and playing hard, he's a great energy bottom six guy. When he's not skating hard, he's a 13th forward.

Good player to have though I think.

I didn't think his energy was ever a problem. It was more he made terrible game changing mistakes. Wish him well, could be a solid player that can play anywhere in the line up.

When he was with Backlund and/or Gaudreau he put up points. Stajan and Bollig, not so much

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Good luck to Jooris. I liked having him on the team and he deserves a chance to steal an NHL spot even if it's not with us. I believe last season he was recovering from wrist surgery and perhaps had some injuries keeping him from playing his normal style? I'm sure NYR will be happy with him. :)

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
yeah okay, sure. Hmm... my general impression on Jooris is that he's not very good, but he also doesn't suck. Seems like a "yeah, sure, fourth line signing, why not?" kinda guy to fill out the roster.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Jooris was a great guy to have in Calgary so best of luck to him.

He has lots of hustle and decent wheels. I don't think he is anything more than a 4th line player, but he won't hurt you if you need to stick him on the 3rd line either.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Solid signing. With Lindberg expected to miss the 1st month or so and NYR needing a bit of a 4th line or bottom 6 rebuild with Dom Moore and Stalberg moving on. Grabner, Gerbe, Jooris signings along with Nieves and Fogarty coming out of NCAA should provide enough competition to push Glass out of the lineup, which is always a plus.

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
If NYR signed the Josh Jooris who played like an animal his rookie year because it was his last chance to get looked at, great signing. If he's 2015-16 Josh Jooris, egh, you have the money, so whatever. It can't be bad unless, like, Rangers trade Stepan to give him a spot.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Vid courtesy of AC from CP.

He wasn't quite the same player as this last season as he seemed to be playing a different game. I hope he rediscovers his game.

I believe the Chiasson trade made Jooris expendable.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Good skater. Had a really good rookie season. Nothing special last year. Decent 4th liner/depth guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad