Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Jack Johnson signs with the Rangers (1 year, $1.15M)

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The dude's parents ripped him off and took him for all his money. I'm okay if he gets some pain and suffering money out of the deal.

Human angle aside, I am amazed he keeps getting these deals when it was so obvious years ago that the Kings improved from addition by subtraction when they traded him. A team that desperately needed scoring gave up an offensive d-man and still got better for it.

Jack Johnson has averaged 22 minutes a game over the course of a long career. He's never averaged less than 19 in a season. He doesn't put up much offense but hits and blocks shots (a lot of that self-inflicted but still) and can contribute on the PK. With how cost-conscious teams are currently I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a home on some team's 3rd pairing/PK unit.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Which restaurants are they bringing him to for the wine and dine?

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Please happen! I'm pumped to see JJ playing behind Panarin and Co. With all your young talent he will single handedly suppress their point totals with his transition game.

He was a nightmare to Malkin...a generational star...good luck and can't wait for our games!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He was a cap casualty in Pen land so hope it works for him. If you limit his TOI as third pairing guy not the worst d man.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I do not understand what the hockey community has seen in this player for literally a decade and a half.

He's been terrible. Always.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad