Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Would be cool to have a presser with all of Kravtsov, Shesterkin, Fox, and Kakko being signed and presented their jerseys

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Let's not forget that despite the Rangers getting permission to negotiate with Kravtsov and Shestyorkin, the players are not allowed to actually sign the contract (pen to paper) until May 1st.

They still have to travel from Russia to New York. I expect the signings to be announced in the coming days

Are they coming to New York or are they signing there? Often times the player signs wherever he is. If the Rangers decide to make an event out of it I guess they could bring them all to New York though. That would call for some coordination of all the parties. The KHL tweet makes it pretty much 99.5 % certain in my mind that Kravtsov is coming over.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are they coming to New York or are they signing there? Often times the player signs wherever he is. If the Rangers decide to make an event out of it I guess they could bring them all to New York though. That would call for some coordination of all the parties. The KHL tweet makes it pretty much 99.5 % certain in my mind that Kravtsov is coming over.

Unless Kravtsov is moving to the SHL or Liiga, he is 100% coming to NY

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I get it that Visa issues have to get worked out, but why not announce the signing. The Visa issues will be worked out

Just like the visa issues with Vladimir Tkachev would be worked out? The contract isn't signed yet, so there is nothing to announce. It annoys me this thread is labeled as "Confirmed with link" because there has not been an official confirmation yet. Not even for Kravtsov.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Still in the process of relocating to the US. It isn't as simple as buying a plane ticket and just flying out.
Don’t see how this has any effect on his negotiations. Carp reported that the deals were signed already and are just waiting to be filed with the NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Don’t see how this has any effect on his negotiations. Carp reported that the deals were signed already and are just waiting to be filed with the NHL.

It doesn't affect negotiations. It affects signing the contract though. Carpiniello reported that they reached an agreement, not that the contracts were actually physically signed. If he did, he was wrong, since they technically cannot sign a contract even with the KHL team's permission as long as the KHL contract is still valid.

Gusev was released, that's different

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If Capfriendly has the details and obtained them directly, the deal has likely been filed or is at least awaiting processing. They get a lot of their info from within the Central Office directly. Not that the numbers in his deal are any surprise; but still, they don't generally report numbers unless they are confirmed, and when they're not confirmed they label them as such.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If Capfriendly has the details and obtained them directly, the deal has likely been filed or is at least awaiting processing. They get a lot of their info from within the Central Office directly. Not that the numbers in his deal are any surprise; but still, they don't generally report numbers unless they are confirmed, and when they're not confirmed they label them as such.

Kravtsov is already in NY. So it makes sense that his contract has been filed

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It doesn't affect negotiations. It affects signing the contract though. Carpiniello reported that they reached an agreement, not that the contracts were actually physically signed. If he did, he was wrong, since they technically cannot sign a contract even with the KHL team's permission as long as the KHL contract is still valid.

Gusev was released, that's different
Well their contracts aren’t valid anymore, which is my point that they’re just waiting to be filed with the nhl registry. Signing contracts isn’t really that difficult, and if Kravtsov has his done, I’m sure Igor has his too.

We’re really just arguing semantics.

Edit: where is it that Kravtsov is in NY already?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Contracts can be signed remotely. There are plenty of international courier services that can get a document from the US to Russia and back within a couple days. I mean the idea that a contract can't be signed because a guy isn't physically in New York is silly in this day and age. My company does all kinds of global business and we execute contracts all over the world through courier services. We signed a big deal in Vietnam--we sent the paperwork Monday morning by courier and had it all back Thursday morning and could have had it more quickly if we wanted it.

The whole discussion is pointless, I'm sure the parameters of the deal are agreed upon, whether they're signed, not signed, waiting to be filed, processed, filed, whatever, they'll all be wrapped up shortly.

Rykov is the one I'm interested in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad