Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nothing about that tweet intimates this is Kravstov demanding a trade, as much as the Rangers not seeing him in their future and allowing his camp to facilitate a move.
They granted him permission to speak to other clubs. That implies he asked for it.

If the Rangers just wanted to trade him, they would just trade him. They wouldn't have to grant permission on anything.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
This is a trade we'll lose. I see Kravtsov becoming a very good 60+ point player on the right team.

With that said - He seems to be full of himself. His ego can't handle demotions.

Should've played him in the top 9. Yeah Gauthier outplayed him but it's the pre-season and Gauthier has no hockey IQ or finishing ability, Kravtsov got it.

Oh well.

Which teams got youngish promising C's that are being buried due to depth?

He's probably moved for some mid 2nd round pick though.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'll never understand why the Rangers felt it necessary to move Buchnevich so soon for scraps. Lafreniere, Kakko, and Kravstov were/are very good prospects, but a decision wasn't necessary until a couple of them actually passed Buch on the depth chart. Trading your second best winger to make room for prospects who may or may not pan out is only really defensible if you're actually getting a valuable return on that winger.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
This is likely one of those unfortunate side effects of a big regime change and mandate from above, change in direction. Change in direction occurs and valuable pieces just get lost in the mix.
The new regime cleared out a good player for cap space, and so that Kakko and Kravtsov could get more ice time and opportunities.

Kravtsov had a worse camp than a player from the Mighty Ducks hockey movie who does his One Weird Move and nothing else (Julien Gauthier) and a ham-and-egger bottom six wing (Dryden Hunt)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Why is that? This post makes zero sense.

I don’t believe this Rangers roster would look the exactly same way it does today if not for that incident. I also think Kravstov would’ve had a better chance of making the team, despite a mediocre pre-season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They granted him permission to speak to other clubs. That implies he asked for it.

If the Rangers just wanted to trade him, they would just trade him. They wouldn't have to grant permission on anything.
That's not at all what that implies. That's a gigantic leap in logic you just made.

But I also don't care enough to argue about it further.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Between the Andersson pick and the Kratsov pick, these picks didnt really go too well for the Rangers. Both were reaches at the time.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd offer OTT 2nd + Lodin/Tychonick/Novak/Loheit/Engstrand/6th or TB 2nd + any of those guys or a 5th. Would probably go a bit higher if that's what it took, but giving up any other prospect on top of a 2nd would start to sting a bit. None of the above other than Lodin are signed currently, and they may well all go unsigned.. Engstrand is probably the most likely to get an NHL deal but I'd put it as unlikely. Lodin is on loan in Sweden.
Lias Andersson 2.0
I'd take Lias Andersson on my team any day.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad