Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Filip Chytil signs extension with the Rangers (2 years, $2.3M AAV)

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Makes sense for term, he’ll still be securely in RFA years @ 23 y.o. when the deal ends, and despite having lots of potential there are still some question marks regarding his ability to grow in his role at center (F.O.%, Physicality). Now all that’s left is Shesterkin.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Usually I agree, but we also don’t know how committed the Rangers are to Chytil right now. Might want to keep his cost down in case he is traded
Yea that's the only way I think it makes sense, in my post on our board I said it must be to use him in part of the Eichel trade lol

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Smart signing. Chtyil will bank on himself improving and if not, Rangers have a cheap contract they can easily trade if needed for value. Chytil wasn't signing long term for under 4.5, so 2 years works out here.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
essential when we sell high on Strome to recover cap = $ for Shesty, Fox

Chytil = indispensable 2C
line should be
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007

“The Chyt’s back on!”

I had no idea how to pronounce this guys name but i just assumed it was a pun for “shit”. So the shits back on eh? Then I went on Youtube and heard it right.. oh ok it’s heat, the heat’s back on.

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This essentially says Chytil is not a part of the long term plan, just like Pavel.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
“The Chyt’s back on!”

I had no idea how to pronounce this guys name but i just assumed it was a pun for “shit”. So the shits back on eh? Then I went on Youtube and heard it right.. oh ok it’s heat, the heats’s back on.

His name is pronounced Heat-l. So Chyt = Heat, hence the flame emoji.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad