Friedman: NYR considered favourites for Alexei Bereglazov

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I have watched him a great deal! He has exceptional offensive skills from the back end, can skate with the puck, make moves, great shot. I was surprised no one picked him up after the U20s he was one of the best Dmen there.

He skated at Arizona's prospect camp last summer.

I read notes from Arizona's camp, he was looking to sign in the NHL after his KHL contract.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Wonder if this guy can play on the right side because Skjei and Mcdounagh will be on this team for many years. Can't see Gorton moving Staal.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The idea that the ranger's left side is strong is wrong.

McD (low end #1)
Staal (garbage)
Skjei (loved his game recently, but far from proven)
And a few "who knows" down in the ahl and juniors.

It's better than the right side, but idt the right side could possibly be worse.

McDonagh isn't a low end #1. He'd be a huge upgrade on lots of teams as a number one guy.

Skeij is pretty much a legit 2nd pairing guy already.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
McDonagh isn't a low end #1. He'd be a huge upgrade on lots of teams as a number one guy.

Skjei is an awesome young player for us.

I wouldn't label him a legit 2d for us yet. Hasn't earned it. He will be a "legit" 2d when he is a legit 2d, not a season sooner.

Very nice offensive instincts. His assist totals show that. But he needs another season or two to get his defensive game consistent. His skating ability gets him out of trouble most of the time, but that doesn't excuse the poor decisions he makes occasionally and that is what seperates a 2d from a 3d. Only experience and mentoring at the NHL level can correct that. Only then will his talent equal him being a "legit 2d" player.

Not far off, but not proven either. Still a gamble. NHL GM's try not to gamble often.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014

Eh, I'd say McD is in the 20-30 range. He's very inconsistent both offensively and defensively.

Skjei has been a stud for awhile now, so yes I'd say he fits on most teams middle pair. Still, I need more of a sample size to be sure.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Eh, I'd say McD is in the 20-30 range. He's very inconsistent both offensively and defensively.

Skjei has been a stud for awhile now, so yes I'd say he fits on most teams middle pair. Still, I need more of a sample size to be sure.

I'd agree with the highlighted part, but he's definitely in the 10-20 range, if you ask me.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The idea that the ranger's left side is strong is wrong.

McD (low end #1)
Staal (garbage)
Skjei (loved his game recently, but far from proven)
And a few "who knows" down in the ahl and juniors.

It's better than the right side, but idt the right side could possibly be worse.

You're underrating us. McD is an average 1, a top 15 defenseman. Staal is a #4 (although he has been pretty bad recently) and Skjei isn't proven but he's been our best defenseman some nights, we also have Graves maybe coming in next season and Brendan Smith who has been very good after a rough first 2-3 games with us. It is a solid left side

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
You're underrating us. McD is an average 1, a top 15 defenseman. Staal is a #4 (although he has been pretty bad recently) and Skjei isn't proven but he's been our best defenseman some nights, we also have Graves maybe coming in next season and Brendan Smith who has been very good after a rough first 2-3 games with us. It is a solid left side

Just an opinion. I don't mind someone calling McD a top 15 defenseman or Skjei solid (been the best Rangers d-man since December) but Staal's been garbage since Stralman has stopped carrying him around. Guy can't skate or pass, any defensive ability he has left is entirely due to his reach.

Smith is a left handed right defenseman.

I'm not that high on Graves, but we'll see.

In the end, I think this team needs all the defensive help it can get, no matter the side.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers would need to make 3-5 moves to accommodate the draft, maximize returns and stack up the RHD.

Let's say a weird dream scenario happens:

They take a risk by cashing in on Raanta early, but lose Kevin Klein to Vegas.

Smith re-signs for $3.65M over 4 years. Rangers find that Minnesota will take Staal after losing Brodin.

Rangers trade Staal to Minny for Stalock, Groavac, Picks.

McD-RHD
Skjei-Smith
Holden-RHD

That leaves you with space to sign players. ~$4.65M+Cap Increase. Zibs needs a new contract.

Buying out Girardi is a need now. So he's gone. You get ~$6.5+Cap Increase.

At this point you sign Shatty & Heed. Ruwedel & Kampfer.

McD-Shatty
Skjei-Smith
Holden-Heed
Kampfer

That isn't enough of a great D. Stone actually fits better if it means letting Smith walk.

McD-Stone
Skjei-Shatty
Holden-Heed

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zuccarello played there (?), did they play together?
And I know they've been looking for a Russian for Buchnevich.

Probably should also look for a coach who doesn't think Buchnevich sucks, but you know, whatever...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hopefully
Skjei, Graves, Day, and this guy can deliver
Smith for depth

move Staal for cap relief, if he waives

McD and Holden for top righty

sign Shattenkirk, overpay 1 yr

Staal hasn't been that bad this year. Much improved since last year. Staal's biggest issue right now is the contract, not how he's playing.

Dog

How does this guy compare to a guy like Zaitsev?

Zaitsev has been an excellent addition to that Toronto team IMO, but it seems like this guy may not produce as much offence as Zaitsev does

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Seems like he could be a good add for the Rangers, as others have said a free prospect is a free prospect.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How does this guy compare to a guy like Zaitsev?

Zaitsev has been an excellent addition to that Toronto team IMO, but it seems like this guy may not produce as much offence as Zaitsev does

He's not as dynamic as Zaitsev, not as good offensively and can't skate like Zaitsev. On the other hand, he's a much bigger guy than Zaitsev and has decent puck moving skills to go along with his strong defensive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad