Friedman: NYR considered favourites for Alexei Bereglazov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Thought the Rangers were more interested in RD then LD thought they were already pretty much set at LD and more or less needed RD.

The team has LD coming out of their ears... As of today, they are currently playing 6 LD and 1 RD in their lineup. And some of their top prospects are LD.

A free prospect is a free prospect, but unless this guy plays the right, not sure why they're super interested

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
Thought the Rangers were more interested in RD then LD thought they were already pretty much set at LD and more or less needed RD.
Brendan Smith hasn't really done much so his spot might be open next season.

And there's a slight chance the Rangers offload Staal this offseason. I wouldn't count on that though

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The team has LD coming out of their ears... As of today, they are currently playing 6 LD and 1 RD in their lineup. And some of their top prospects are LD.

A free prospect is a free prospect, but unless this guy plays the right, not sure why they're super interested

Agree that a free prospect is a free prospect, So could see the interest. Totally agree that if he can play the right side it would be better other then that not sure why they would be interested.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
How many left handed defensemen do we need? I mean i would love for us to sign him if he is good but we have a ton of lefthanded defensemen in the NHL and in the system.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Bereglazov is a very strong D. He's huge (6'4 200 lbs) and has a hard shot from the point. Not the prettiest skater but he moves the puck well.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Zuccarello played there (?), did they play together?
And I know they've been looking for a Russian for Buchnevich.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'll take it and I'll take Kshah's word for it, he's one of the more informed posters on here when it comes Russian hockey.

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

We just need good young players to make up for all of the picks we've been dealing. We have a number of LHD at the NHL level, but really only one notable defensive prospect in the AHL in Ryan Graves, and beyond that it's Sean Day and basically nothing else.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Talented young D who seems to be performing at his best during biggest games.

Great postseason last year and he is doing it again this postseason.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zuccarello played there (?), did they play together?
And I know they've been looking for a Russian for Buchnevich.

He debuted the season after Zucc played there.

I'm sure Buch knows him. They played together at the WJC, and I think also the Euro Hockey Tour.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Brendan Smith hasn't really done much so his spot might be open next season.

And there's a slight chance the Rangers offload Staal this offseason. I wouldn't count on that though

Interesting conclusion after 7 games. He's looked very good, by the way.

How many left handed defensemen do we need? I mean i would love for us to sign him if he is good but we have a ton of lefthanded defensemen in the NHL and in the system.

Things continually change though. We all know (or hope) the Rangers have a big shakeup on defense coming. Ideally, Staal is gone within two years (I would bet on him coming back next season). Skjei can play the right side. Holden can play the right side. Smith does play the right side. Who do we have that we can bank on in the system? Graves I believe to prefer the right side. Sean Day is several years away from New York. Zborovskiy is right handed. Am I missing anyone?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We just need good young players to make up for all of the picks we've been dealing. We have a number of LHD at the NHL level, but really only one notable defensive prospect in the AHL in Ryan Graves, and beyond that it's Sean Day and basically nothing else.

Hopefully
Skjei, Graves, Day, and this guy can deliver
Smith for depth

move Staal for cap relief, if he waives

McD and Holden for top righty

sign Shattenkirk, overpay 1 yr

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
The idea that the ranger's left side is strong is wrong.

McD (low end #1)
Staal (garbage)
Skjei (loved his game recently, but far from proven)
And a few "who knows" down in the ahl and juniors.

It's better than the right side, but idt the right side could possibly be worse.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The idea that the ranger's left side is strong is wrong.

McD (low end #1)
Staal (garbage)
Skjei (loved his game recently, but far from proven)
And a few "who knows" down in the ahl and juniors.

It's better than the right side, but idt the right side could possibly be worse.

disagree
McD = at least 10-15 th best, not low end

Staal unfortunately, injuries have done him in

but
Skjei is tottally proven, IMO

Day and Graves are not a given automatic, but I would say they are more likely to make it than not. Better shot than, say, Clendenning.

the right side, it cannot be denied, is a disaster, we need to move Stepan and more for like Dumba or similar and more
no internal help likely soon,
we will rely on possibly Shatty and the cavalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad