Proposal: NYR-COL

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I don't see the Avs being particularly interested in a rental, though Hayes would be a great fit if they change their mind. The only piece that really makes sense for them is Mika, his contract/age fits perfectly into where they are as a franchise right now. I don't see the Rangers being tempted to move him unless the deal is built around the Ottawa 1st, which is understandable if they wouldn't want to move it, but jeez a 1-2 punch of MacK and Zibby would be scary

Reactions: cgf

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The Avs and NYR are in two teams in the same spot trying to build up a young core. The Avs aren't going to be moving solid young assets for pending UFAs.

Kaut is not being traded, Jost is not being traded and if the Avs were going to be moving their 1st then it would be for a far better player like Panarin or Stone.

I hope the best for NYR fans but there are a ton of high end rentals this year and guys like Hayes aren't going to get a 1st in a deal unless there are a metric ton of buyers. Which is possible, but if it does happen it certainly wont be from the Avs.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Zucc would be a good pickup for Colorado. Got to think Jost would have to be going back though.

If the Avs wanted a 30 year old winger there will be 15 high end ones in UFA this year, many who are far better than Zucc and the Avs have the Cap space to get one of them. UFAs leaving their prime don't get you recent top 10 pick prospects.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The Rangers board has numerous, brilliant posters...

We have former coaches + scouts.. Guys who played pro.... Insiders with legitimate sources. CBA experts.. Corsi nerds.. And good old fashion hockey fanatics who know this game inside and out..

Shame that 99% of the proposal’s on these boards aren’t from one of those guys. I literally mean that percentage. 99.9%.

It’s the same group of guys who create proposals on these Boards that are Just flat out dumb.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The first deal really isn't bad. Wilson will be gone in UFA this summer, and Weiss is promising but hasn't proven enough to be untouchable. So mid-late 1st + spare parts for Zucc is a deal I can live with on a value perspective.

The problem is that we really want a C, which means Zibby, so I'd rather pay a little more to pry him free.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The first deal really isn't bad. Wilson will be gone in UFA this summer, and Weiss is promising but hasn't proven enough to be untouchable. So mid-late 1st + spare parts for Zucc is a deal I can live with on a value perspective.

The problem is that we really want a C, which means Zibby, so I'd rather pay a little more to pry him free.

The value may not be an issue but unless we’re trading for a winger who can carry a line like Tarasenko or Radulov, then it doesn’t really make sense to spend any assets that could be used on getting us a 2nd stud Center, on a winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad