First proposal Zuc for Avs 1st round pick + Colin Wilson + Tyler Weiss

Second Proposal Zuc for Martin Kaut straight up

Third proposal Hayes for Tyson Jost and 2019 2nd round pick

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

I’d do the first, 2nd is bad for Avs, 3rd one is pretty fair with an extension for Hayes in place.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Personally, I like the first the most because I think Colin Wilson would be a good player under Quinn. Has that grit and versatility. The 2nd proposal was a shot in the dark because I dont know how other teams will view zuc and Chytil and Kraut would be sick to see. The 3rd is the fairest as i could see NYR wanting jost back and with Kevin Hayes playing on fire recently, i would think the value is there

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Not sure why people think that Avs and NYR are a good trade match up, aren’t they both basically in the same stage of a rebuild? Unless it’s my young roster D for your young roster F

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Would you give up Ottawa's pick for Zuccarello or Hayes?

If i wanted either and if i thought it was what my team really needed to win now i would consider it.

If you got Hayes and then won the cup, would you hate yourself for losing a possible lottery pick?

Lets say Ottawa finish 10-15 last, thats a 1% shot at Hughes (whom i guess Avs fans would want).

However for us to pick twice in the 8th-15th could mean pretty solid defensive prospects (which we need) when all star Centers have been claimed by bottom feeders.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Sens pick will be the solution for the 2nd line.
AVS pick will be the solution for LHD
or still for 2nd line.
After the next draft we run for SC

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not sure why people think that Avs and NYR are a good trade match up, aren’t they both basically in the same stage of a rebuild? Unless it’s my young roster D for your young roster F
Avs are much, much further ahead
Rangers started officially rebuilding at last seasons TDL, Avs are finishing their rebuild and are looking to be playoff contenders and should jump to serious contenders once they get a bit more depth

Reactions: klingsor

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Nah, NYR is still selling pieces off. Colorado is 1 piece away from starting to contend...a 1b C or a high-end #1 blueliner.

EDIT:
If the ottawa pick becomes that 1b C with a regular season or two of polishing, or one of Girard/Makar becomes a highend #1...or the avs trade-for/sign someone for one of those two spots...then the avs will be ready to run. With only minor tweaks necessary from that point until the MacK contract expires and we face a cap-reckoning that precipitates a re-tool which we will hopefully have enough young talent in the pipeline at that time, to handle quickly enough to either keep our window open, or open a 2nd window.

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If i wanted either and if i thought it was what my team really needed to win now i would consider it.

If you got Hayes and then won the cup, would you hate yourself for losing a possible lottery pick?

Lets say Ottawa finish 10-15 last, thats a 1% shot at Hughes (whom i guess Avs fans would want).

However for us to pick twice in the 8th-15th could mean pretty solid defensive prospects (which we need) when all star Centers have been claimed by bottom feeders.

For possibly sacrificing Hughes or Kakko for Kevin Hayes? You're damn right I'd hate myself. Ottawa isn't finishing just outside the playoff picture. That pick is going to be a top-10 pick.

You don't sacrifice cups for a cup. The Rangers did that with that 1994 team. Trading away pieces like Weight and Amonte hurt them more than any Ranger fan is willing to admit to.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

NYR Offers!

NO!
NO!
NO!

Fail - Treadmill.gif

Reactions: Tru

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Make it Zibanejad, replace Jost with a non-Makar prospect (or Kerfoot), and set it after the lottery...when we'll know that the sens pick won't be top 5...then it could make some sense for the avs to deal that pick to the Rangers.

If that isn't appealing to you then that's fine; Hayes isn't good enough for what Colorado needs, and we don't want to be the ones to pay him what he'll get after a contract year like this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3