GDT: NYR @ COL *Emoji Night* 9pm ET / 7pm MT

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
back to back games now imo I really liked their defensive game against the Panthers.. I still dont think that Strome goal should count. Goes off his glove and in. I swear the Avs had a off the glove goal disallowed against the Wings awhile ago that wasnt even directed into the net by a glove.
I was kind of wondering why we didn't challenge this. It was very clear off the glove and in, shouldn't of counted. But the way Toronto bent us over last night, they probably would have allowed it, so probably a good choice not to challenge.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
MacDermid was smart to take advantage of his reach against Reaves. Usually against a tough fighter Reaves will get in close and defend himself against any major head contact from that position. In this case MacDermid kept him at a distance, Reaves couldn’t land on anything but Macdermid’s shoulder and had to bail on the fight knowing that if he stayed up he’d inevitably wind up eating a lot more fists

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
MacDermid was smart to take advantage of his reach against Reaves. Usually against a tough fighter Reaves will get in close and defend himself against any major head contact from that position. In this case MacDermid kept him at a distance, Reaves couldn’t land on anything but Macdermid’s shoulder and had to bail on the fight knowing that if he stayed up he’d inevitably wind up eating a lot more fists

KMac did a smart thing and brought his arms down hard on Reaves’ arms to loosen his grip and then went to town on him. Brilliant!

Reactions: katfude

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The camera at one point showed Sakic and Landeskog laughing and watching the game together from a box, so hopefully Landeskog isn’t too injured.

I really would like to see that footage....:laugh:

Overall, another great game. Hats up to our team. They keep going despite all this injuries.......

There will be a stinker-game really soon (Tampa or Nashville), but f*** it, happens to everyone during a long season (the Panthers got "murdered" by Ottawa this night).

Reactions: xAvsx89

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Kurtis MacDermid is scoring a goal before the end of the year and it will get the biggest cheer of anything that happens all season.

For all the complaints Bednar and his demeanour gets, I'd much rather have him behind the bench than Gallant who seems to be a perma-raging mess even when something's gone right.

Speaking of which, the goalie interference call was obviously terrible.

Moser saying BIG VAL RUMBLES INTO THE ZONE is the most exciting thing I've heard watching the Avalanche and I thought about that a lot watching this game.

If you have an empty net just shoot the f***ing puck, please
I've noticed a bunch of coaches lately that just look perma pissed off. Gallant just looked like a 5 year old who was pissy that things weren't going his way.

It's almost like some of these coaches don't know how to lose. You lose, move on, and fix the problem.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I can’t remember the exact record but I think they said the Avs were 11-0 when leading after 1, and 21-2-1 or something after 2.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The best part is that their Church of Corsi called our fanbase a lot of stuff for saying he is horrible and championed him when they got him as someone who doesn't give away goals :laugh:

As a longtime attendee of that church, I can say I’ve also been one of Jost’s biggest critics.

Being able to hold onto the puck doesn’t mean much if you can’t do anything with it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Another great game against a top team.

I was really happy with Barron's first NHL game. He was solid at both ends. Too bad he didn't get an assist on Nuke's goal. He deserved it with that play.

Dermy had a pretty good game overall but man is he ever slow. Hope a Dman comes back soon because he should be playing up front not D. Take that Reeves you POS.

Kuemper was a bit shaky on that 2nd goal but overall he was solid for a 2nd game in a row. It is re-assuring.

Reactions: flyfysher

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
He got a no-trade!!???? My God…

Don't forget, Sakic signed Brad Stuart so let's not be too quick to judge. I'm not so worried about the dumb signing as much as I am whether Drury will learn from it. Then again, I'm not a Rangers fan so I don't really care.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I really would like to see that footage....:laugh:

Overall, another great game. Hats up to our team. They keep going despite all this injuries.......

There will be a stinker-game really soon (Tampa or Nashville), but f*** it, happens to everyone during a long season (the Panthers got "murdered" by Ottawa this night).
Avs already had their stinker game against the Leafs and against the Sens not long ago. The Avs are a different team at home.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I was really happy with Barron's first NHL game. He was solid at both ends. Too bad he didn't get an assist on Nuke's goal. He deserved it with that play.

Dermy had a pretty good game overall but man is he ever slow. Hope a Dman comes back soon because he should be playing up front not D. Take that Reeves you POS.

Kuemper was a bit shaky on that 2nd goal but overall he was solid for a 2nd game in a row. It is re-assuring.
That second goal wouldn't have mattered if Kadri didn't go full dumbass on the empty net and if he won the draw that lead to the Gauthier goal.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kakko had 8 points in 7 games and GG decided to move him to another line to try and get Mika going, which hasn't worked at all and now he's decided to reduce his TOI instead of switching him back to the line he was thriving on. Rangers are ruining his development since draft day. Kakko is a great player, probably the best at 5v5 on that whole team.

Laf is on a dogshit line and plays 9 min a night. Hard to tell what he's going to be, they are not using his set of tools at all he's just asked to hit and puck dump.
It's really quite surprising. They've got the 1/2/3 centre rotation with Zibanejad, Strome and Chytil but they're not strong on the wings. You would think guys like Lafreniere and Kakko would be getting at minimum 2nd line minutes consistently. Doesn't seem to be the case, though. Kakko is 6th amongst forwards in TOI and Lafreniere is 10th. When you're getting less ice time than guys like Kevin Rooney, Sammy Blais and Barclay Goodrow, something is wrong.

I'd love to see him moved to an organization that can give him an opportunity to thrive, even if it's not a winning team. Rangers don't seem to know what to do with him.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It would be in Kuemper's best interest to continue being solid......

3aee7538638b7e96bd09a03b09d2db165759e069.gifv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad