Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Chris Kreider (4 years $4.625M AAV)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The more of these 2009 drafted forwards that get signed, the better Kadri's deal looks. IMO, Krieder is over-paid in comparison (I'm talking HF Boards definition of over-paid) but it's pretty much nickel and dime stuff. Plus it's 4 years vs 6 years. He is a unique player but just needs more consistency.

I'm very interested to see what Schenn gets. I've read here $5M, which would be over-payment when you compare it to what Kadri got. It also depends on term. What have you done for me lately may also apply. We've seen how players get paid after 1 good year.

First of all, Schenn is better than Kadri. Second, Schenn isn't getting paid based on what Kadri got. He's getting paid off of present market value, which should be somewhere between $5 and $5.5 million..with $5.25 million being the sweet spot.

Group Chat Legend*

Yeah like Ladd getting 5.5M for 7 years at 30 years old after scoring 46 points. And Grabovski at $5M? Nuts. How about that guy Kulemin that gets paid on 500k less than Kreider's new deal and only has about 50 points in the past two full seasons combined. Just amazing to me too. I hear ya dude.

all that and yet I would much rather have the Islanders squad and prospect pool than the Rangers, and so would any other sensible person...

so how about we stop trying to bash other teams and just focus on the OP, aye?

good contract for Kreider. thought he was going to become a 1st liner for them but he is still pretty good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad