Proposal: NYR-CGY

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the Rangers give up their first they should aim a bit higher than Sharangovich.

You're not getting a better player than Yegor with the 1st.

I'd ask for a better prospect or roster player if I'm Calgary. That's basically just offering a 1st round pick + nothing much else.

He's got another year of term... Ask for Kakko straight up.

I understand the ask for Kakko, and it's a fair ask.

Rangers are looking to win now and while KK has been less than stellar offensively, he's solid defensively and that 3rd line has been pretty good.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@pld459666

You seem like a pretty reasonable fan, what's the deal with seeing people not particularly into Miller or Lindgren these days? Could they potentially be available in a deal for an extended Hanifin?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
@pld459666

You seem like a pretty reasonable fan, what's the deal with seeing people not particularly into Miller or Lindgren these days? Could they potentially be available in a deal for an extended Hanifin?

Thanks. I try not to over/under value players from my team or other teams as different systems and linemates often times produce different results.

Lindgren more than Miller.

Lindgren is such a warrior, but his smaller stature results in him getting hurt and some folks don't want a half broken player tied up for 5+ yearsbat 5-6 per.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
@pld459666

if the floor is open on this,
KAM is unavailable in almost any deal

Lindgren we are still divided but coming around to recognizing my suggestion we should have sold high on this guy already may have been the better move long term, and that we did not do it earlier, what's past is past, but we should move this guy while he still has any term and rfa left.
That btw is what killed us w/Buchnevich.
Instead of biting the bullet and dealing Buch while his value was up b'c he had term attached to reasonable bargain salary, we kept him until last minute.

Getting back to Lindy,
although we are not in full consensus on Hanifin, we view the biggest prob there is extending: both cost to do so, and if he goes elsewhere, reportedly TB.
We CAN NOT do any more stupid effin win now rentals.

So buying Hanifin is problematic, and I don't begrudge CGY entitled to whatev max return is. We shouldn't pay it b'c long term it does not make sense.

As to your possible interest in Lindy, he is on the table AFAIC

I'm guessing current value is Lindgren + Jones package
Lindy + Jones + two 3rds
for
two 2nds

something like that

any higher bids?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Historically speaking, players drafted 16-32nd overall only have a 65% chance of playing over 100 games in the NHL. Yegor is going to score 30 goals this year

You are overrating a late first
Yegor has 1 goal in his last 12 games and is not even close to being a lock to score 30 goals. He needs 9 in his last 23 games which is a faster pace than he has scored this year. Since Lindholm got traded he hasn't been the same player. He is also shooting 3% above his career average, he hits no one (9 hits all year) and he is terrible on faceoffs (37%). Rangers probably go for someone more physical who can play C who isn't abysmal on faceoffs.

Games played also has nothing to do with trade value. I am not even sure why you brought that up.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You're not getting a better player than Yegor with the 1st.

I understand the ask for Kakko, and it's a fair ask.

Rangers are looking to win now and while KK has been less than stellar offensively, he's solid defensively and that 3rd line has been pretty good.
Then put another high pick or better prospect on the table.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
From you? No. You're not exactly someone I consider to be level headed, or even remotely realistic.
You are entitled to your opinion, even if objective review makes a case that, at least here, it is clearly wrong

time to let yourself out of your "padded room" location

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Guy scored 13 goals last year that isn't consistent.

20-21. 16 goals in 54 games, that's a 20+ goal pace

21-22. 24 goals in 76 games

23-24. 21 goals in 59 games. Pacing for a 28 goal season

So, in his 4 years in the NHL, he's either hit the 20 goal mark or paced for 20+ and you pick out the one season where he didn't and think THAT'S the player he is?

Odd

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Yegor has 1 goal in his last 12 games and is not even close to being a lock to score 30 goals. He needs 9 in his last 23 games which is a faster pace than he has scored this year. Since Lindholm got traded he hasn't been the same player. He is also shooting 3% above his career average, he hits no one (9 hits all year) and he is terrible on faceoffs (37%). Rangers probably go for someone more physical who can play C who isn't abysmal on faceoffs.

Games played also has nothing to do with trade value. I am not even sure why you brought that up.
Guy got switched to centre 10 games ago when Lindholm was traded. He is not a centre. I solved that riddle for you.

Looking at Rango as a top 6 25-30 goal RW is the most accurate portrayal of his talents. Outside of last season, he’s scored at a 27 goal a year pace over 189 games. Including his poor results last season, it’s still a 23 goal per 82 game pace. Not a bad start to a career, and paints a picture of what he should be valued as. If your first round pick turns in a 25-30 goal scorer you did extremely well with it.

Reactions: algernon

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
@pld459666

To elaborate a bit more...

Lindgren has a lot of miles on him already, and NYR fans are worried that he could be another Staal/Girardi type of contract for the Rangers. He's a real heart and soul guy and the team plays better overall with him in the lineup. Beyond that, he's a good team culture guy. Teammates are always talking him up. Less size than Staal, but decent skating and he's fearless.

Fox helps elevates Lindgren's game, where I otherwise think Lindgren would be a good matchup second pairing d-man. D-men tend to peak a bit later on average, so I think there's that gamble of if he's already at his ceiling, and he may be.

Some of the advanced charts are a bit ugly this year, as they show Fox playing significantly better without Lindgren, and he takes an absolute beating night in and night out. Love him, and a lot of NYR fans do, but I think the hope was always that ultimately Miller would develop to be a first pairing guy alongside Fox and Lindgren would be able to scale back a bit.

Speaking of Miller, he's not playing up to form this year. The new system may play a role, but a lot of the Rangers D has had a tough time this year. Miller also had a game or two off for personal reasons, so there is (needless) speculation there. He looks off from last year--just not reading the plays as well, skating isn't as agile and quick.

Personally, I wouldn't want to trade either of them if we're aiming for a playoff run, but if I had to move one, it would probably be Lindgren because of the potential Miller still has and I think his style may age a bit better and be a bit more rare than Lindgren's. RD is strong for the Rangers. LD has good players, but none are the top-pairing types.

Rangers D overall is a bit of a mystery bag on any given night. Fox is a #1, but Lindgren is probably a #4 as a more complementary guy. Trouba and Miller are good top-4 guys, but neither are at their best right now. I'm high on Schneider and think he could step up to a top-4 role. Gustaffson has been a great surprise.

Reactions: Lunatik

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
20-21. 16 goals in 54 games, that's a 20+ goal pace

21-22. 24 goals in 76 games

23-24. 21 goals in 59 games. Pacing for a 28 goal season

So, in his 4 years in the NHL, he's either hit the 20 goal mark or paced for 20+ and you pick out the one season where he didn't and think THAT'S the player he is?

Odd
If you want to use pace I can easily point to Vatrano who was right around that 20 goal mark and the Rangers spent a 4th round pick on him a few years ago. Pace is crap. How many goals was Mika pacing for during the strike shortened year? Is he that player....nope. Last year Yegor was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. Vatrano spent time as a healthy scratch too. Consistency is not using pace and it sure isn't falling short in a recent example.

Vatrano is actually a pretty good comparable. I think Yegor is worth a bit more now but still don't see a 1st.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
@pld459666

I'll add my .2 cents.

I don't understand the mixed reaction to Miller. Really don't.

Lindgren is not so much about Lindgren, but rather what Lindgren will be in the middle of his next contract. There are already a ton of miles on the tires. Very easy to see Lindgren going the way of Dan Girardi.

Reactions: Kupo

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Guy got switched to centre 10 games ago when Lindholm was traded. He is not a centre. I solved that riddle for you.

Looking at Rango as a top 6 25-30 goal RW is the most accurate portrayal of his talents. Outside of last season, he’s scored at a 27 goal a year pace over 189 games. Including his poor results last season, it’s still a 23 goal per 82 game pace. Not a bad start to a career, and paints a picture of what he should be valued as. If your first round pick turns in a 25-30 goal scorer you did extremely well with it.
That lowers his value to the Rangers as center is a targeting point. I am not saying he is a bad player and a 1st is definitely a lotto ticket, I just want more out of the trade. I think Tanev had more value as a player and he didn't get a 1st. If I am the Rangers and if I am giving up a 1st I would want Hanifin and would see what else Calgary would want to complete a deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'll add my .2 cents.

I don't understand the mixed reaction to Miller. Really don't.

Lindgren is not so much about Lindgren, but rather what Lindgren will be in the middle of his next contract. There are already a ton of miles on the tires. Very easy to see Lindgren going the way of Dan Girardi.
People said the same about Tanev 4 years ago

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
That lowers his value to the Rangers as center is a targeting point. I am not saying he is a bad player and a 1st is definitely a lotto ticket, I just want more out of the trade. I think Tanev had more value as a player and he didn't get a 1st. If I am the Rangers and if I am giving up a 1st I would want Hanifin and would see what else Calgary would want to complete a deal.
Hanifin is a rental.

The Rangers should be targeting a player who they can control similar to what Vancouver did with Hronek last season. He was signed this season for a good number. Vancouver will have to pay Hronek this summer with him being arbitration eligible. That's the cost of getting a good player.

1st and 2nd for Hronek.

1st and 2nd for a similar player. That player will help the Rangers more than those picks will in the next 2-3 seasons.

Enough with this rental nonsense. Drury has shipped out so many players and picks for rentals and the Rangers end up with the same holes.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hanifin is a rental.

The Rangers should be targeting a player who they can control similar to what Vancouver did with Hronek last season. He was signed this season for a good number. Vancouver will have to pay Hronek this summer with him being arbitration eligible. That's the cost of getting a good player.

1st and 2nd for Hronek.

1st and 2nd for a similar player. That player will help the Rangers more than those picks will in the next 2-3 seasons.

Enough with this rental nonsense. Drury has shipped out so many players and picks for rentals and the Rangers end up with the same holes.
preach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad