Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CAR] Maxim Letunov for Tarmo Reunanen

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So players acquired after the trade deadline can play in the AHL throughout the AHL playoffs right? What if they are on an NHL roster, and then waived by the acquiring team and clear? Can they still play through the AHL postseason?

Reactions: Jacob

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So players acquired after the trade deadline can play in the AHL throughout the AHL playoffs right? What if they are on an NHL roster, and then waived by the acquiring team and clear? Can they still play through the AHL postseason?

They completed the trade before the AHL deadline. This move is for the Calder Cup playoffs, at least for Chicago. Hartford seems to be on the bubble, so maybe this is to mix things up on their end.

Reactions: Tryamw

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
For those interested, here are their EP pages:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
They completed the trade before the AHL deadline. This move is for the Calder Cup playoffs, at least for Chicago. Hartford seems to be on the bubble, so maybe this is to mix things up on their end.

Pack have been short F's for a few weeks now, have dressed 8 D more than once.
They decided NOT to make Pack's leading scorer, Johnny Brodzinski, who has been up with NYR, available for AHL playoffs (with a paper demotion) on NHL TDL day

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
As a Canes fan, my opinion of this trade is that I didn't know which player was ours to begin with.

AHL fodder for AHL fodder.

Tarmo had his fans here, but he's not getting past the dozen other D on the depth chart ahead of him.

We lack C depth, so even if Letunov isn't solid gold, he's a warm-body fill-in in the AHL

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Tarmo still has upside. Letunov does not.

Nice deal by Carolina. They do a great job getting good Dmen from NYR for cheap;
DeAngelo
Skjei
Keane
Reunanen

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Tarmo is two years younger than Maxim. Played in 4 games last season. Maxim hasn't played in the NHL since 2020. Tarmo had his fans but this is one of those blip trades I doubt has any impact. Doubtful either player will ever suit up for more than 100 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: One Winged Angel

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I thought Letunov was a promising prospect several years ago. Anyone want to summarize how his development went?
He's large, but he's not physical. He's not fast, doesn't have a great shot, isn't a great passer. He's not terrible at anything in particular, he's just not really good at anything either and doesn't really have any superlative physical gifts. This makes him a mediocre AHL all-arounder, but not at all an NHL forward.

Reactions: mouser

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Sorry folks, this trade is null and void. Deadline was last week.

C0283C5E-B49F-464D-BA54-90EF3B00A48A.gif

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
First post-deadline trade I've actually witnessed. I've watched hockey for years, but these kinds of trades I have not seen even once.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Tarmo is two years younger than Maxim. Played in 4 games last season. Maxim has played in the NHL since 2020. Tarmo had his fans but this is one of those blip trades I doubt has any impact. Doubtful either player will ever suit up for more than 100 games.
I was kinda surprised Tarmo was brought over. He doesn't seem to produce in any environment. Has he become a better two-way player?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00