Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CAR] Adam Fox for 2019 2nd round pick and 2020 conditional 3rd

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Horrific asset management wrt the lindholm/hamilton blockbuster, but great asset management wrt the Adam fox situation in a vacuum. Waddell was successful in creating a bidding war.

absolutely brilliant conditions. He will play 29 games and then go to Hartford. This is brilliant from Gorton.

Not if he's actually helping the team win hockey games. It'd be a mistake to send down NHL help to save yourself a 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
seems to be conflicting info about the conditional 3rd. one person saying its a 3rd that could become a 2nd, another saying getting the pick at all is conditional upon the 30 game threshold.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I really do think another team was close to grabbing Fox that he might sign with which is why we paid a lot (37th+another 2nd likely)

While Fox is worth that by himself, I still think he would’ve signed unless the above would’ve happened. Good move though and I’m happy. Kravtsov, Kakko, Shestyorkin, and now Fox will all be in Ranger jerseys next season (maybe on Shesty)

I’m not upset about losing these picks at all though, our prospect pool is stacked (and the best in the league now) and we already have a lot of picks

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good for both teams. Canes get a possible 2 2nd round picks (maybe both are early 2nd round). Rangers get a guy they wanted without having to give up a 1st.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Canes have done a great job at picking 2nd rounders lately but it is a let down. Doesnt help the team next year, at least yet.

With their 1st and 3 2nds, including #36 and #37, the Borg have the assets to make a move to help the team next season. Miller could still be a target. They could also package a pick or 2 with Faulk to pull back a wing in a hockey trade for a player with 1 year left.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers are still rebuilding. I don't see the need to get him on the team next year
Rangers probably thought another team might get him before them. Although if that’s not the case it’s a weird move

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers are still rebuilding. I don't see the need to get him on the team next year

Always a risk he ends up signing somewhere else. Can't just assume "yeah he's gonna sign with the Rangers for sure no one else don't even bother worrying about it". Plus him turning pro this year means an earlier year of development at the pro level. They don't need him for next year but perhaps the Rangers are hoping to have several young players start coming into their own at the same time and signing someone like Fox is part of hitting that time table

At any rate, it's a fair deal. Fox as a prospect is worth the price, we'll see if he pans out

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Development. Not about being on the team next season. It's about being in our system.
So a 2nd and a 3rd so NYR can develop him their way? Carolina is pretty good at developing D prospects lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad