Nyquist's GM Game v1.0 Sign-up Thread

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:nhl
Nyquist's GM Game v1.0: Super Teams
To join the game pm me whether you want to be a contender or a rebuilder. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"]
  • Main Commissioner: Nyquist
  • Co-Commissioner: JayP612
  • Co- Commissioner: TBA
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Very Important Rules"]
  • No editing of any kind is allowed in the auction threads, double check before you post
  • There will be no entry draft, thus entry draft picks have no value in this game
  • Complete cap information must be posted by the end of the game to qualify for winning
  • There will be five contenders and five rebuilders, first come first serve
  • Teaming up will be a necessity, nobody will be by themselves unless few people sign up
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Auction For Teams"]
  • There will be an auction for which three teams everybody gets (10 team game)
  • Everyone will have 100M in cap for the auction (this number is not the number for your salary cap)
  • All bidding will be done publically in threads, spread out over three days.
  • To place a bid on a team simply post your bid amount and which team you're bidding on
  • Bids must be done in multiples of five (.5M, 1M, 4M, 40.5M, etc.)
  • If two people place the same bid on a team the person who placed the bid first is considered in the lead
  • There is no set time limit for when auctions end. They will start at 9PM EST and after that every time a bid is placed, the clock for that team is extended five minutes. If a bid is placed at 9:34 the auction for that team is done at 9:39 on the dot for example
  • A GM must win three teams without going over the allotted amount of 100M.
  • NO EDITING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $105,000,000M
  • There will be no cap floor
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Cap. Set it to "Today"
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • There are no NTC/NMCs in this game
  • You do not need our approval before posting your trade. Just simply post it. However the league does have the right to reject the trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • You may not make any trades until you post your roster.Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be official until your roster is posted
  • Keep in mind that any deal the league thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • All current UFA are now "signed in the KHL" and gone for the purposes of this game
  • RFAs will automatically be re-signed at their current cap hit
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If a team still has any compliance buyouts remaining then that GM can use them.
  • Any players bought out already count. For example the Brad Richards Buyout counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Contenders"]
  • Nyquist/Jay
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Rebuilders"]
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Auction Schedule"]
Day 1: Anaheim, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Toronto, Dallas, Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina

Day 2: Los Angeles, Colorado, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Detroit, Winnipeg, Calgary, New York Islanders, Nashville

Day 3: Chicago, Boston, San Jose, Minnesota, Philly, Vancouver, Phoenix, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa [/fieldset]

[fieldset=GM List and Teams]
  • Nyquist and JayP612
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Some teaming up will be required for this game so that everyone who wants to play can. Spots will be given to active GM games members first, but I would prefer not to exclude anyone.

Also, I need a couple of people to help out with the auctions as co-commissioners. Let me know if you're interested.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

This will start tonight but if you're not prepared don't worry, it'll start tonight but you'll have until tomorrow to get bids in (the extra round bidding won't start until about 9PM EST, I will announce the time well before that). I'm just going to put the threads up tonight so we can get this thing rolling.

I assigned partners for some of you. Feel free to switch, just wanted to get everyone in that wanted to be in.

[fieldset="Contenders"]
  • Anthony
  • Boltsfan
  • Produce/Don'tTazMeBro
  • H2V
  • Nyquist/Jay
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Rebuilders"]
  • Thee/BNL
  • Gio
  • HFN/HYD
  • Eastriver/Top 6 Spaling
  • VanIslander
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Feel free to ask me any questions Gio. I've temporarily assigned you to be with Thee as a rebuilder but feel free to switch if there's somebody you'd rather be with.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Auction Schedule

Day 1: Anaheim, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Toronto, Dallas, Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina

Day 2: Los Angeles, Colorado, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Detroit, Winnipeg, Calgary, New York Islanders, Nashville

Day 3: Chicago, Boston, San Jose, Minnesota, Philly, Vancouver, Phoenix, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa​

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Auction threads are now up, feel free to place bids on teams now but again, bidding won't end until 9:00 PM EST tomorrow and extra bidding will start right after that. PM me if you have any questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: