David Booth - Marcus Kruger - Lee Stempniak
Ex: Rene Bourque

Victor Hedman - Drew Doughty
Alexander Edler - P.K. Subban
Jake Muzzin - Anton Stralman
Ex: Dan Girardi, Dennis Wideman

Kari Lehtonen
Justin Peters

The only advantage the Ducks have in the forward department is that Giroux is better than Okposo. Hanzal might be better than Lupul but he isn't a LW.

Doughty/Subban/Hedman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keith/Seabrook/Letang.

Price and Lehtonen are pretty much a wash​

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Vote :bolts
Jamie Benn / John Tavares / Marian Hossa
Andrew Ladd / Brandon Dubinsky / Dustin Brown
Patrik Elias / Juri Hudler / Ryan Callahan
Drew Stafford / Vladimir Sobotka / Daniel Alfredsson
Benoit Pouliot , Cal Clutterbuck
DEFENSEMEN
Alex Pietrangelo / Kevin Shattenkirk
James Wisniewski / Jack Johnson
Nikita Nikitin / Josh Gorges
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier
Roberto Luongo

We have an amazing first line, great depth, and a star #1 in Piet. We're deep at all spots and believe we should beat the Isles.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
[fieldset=Your Dallas Stars]

:stars

James van Reimsdyk ($4.250M) - Ryan Getzlaf ($8.250M) - Alexander Ovechkin ($4.769M)
Wayne Simmonds ($3.975M) - Jason Spezza ($7.000M) - Chris Stewart ($4.150M)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000M) - Adam Henrique ($4.000M) - Nikolai Kulemin ($4.188M)
Daniel Paille ($1.300M) - Andrew Cogliano ($1.500M) - Ryan Garbutt ($1.800M)
Carl Söderberg ($1.008M)

Ryan McDonagh ($4.700M) - Brian Campbell ($7.143M)
Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000M) - Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000M)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500M) - Cody Franson ($3.300M)

Ben Bishop ($2.300M)
Anton Khudobin ($2.250M)

Salary Cap - $85.000M
Cap Hit - $81.383M
Cap Space - $3.617M
[/fieldset]

Vote :stars #1!

There's pretty much nothing our first line can't do - they can dominate you physically with their size, shut you down in the defensive zone, hold on to the puck until you can't skate anymore, or score at will. All three players are elite at what they do, and adding them all together makes for a scary combination.

Our second line continues with that trend, a hard-hitting line that can dictate the pace of a game with their physicality and playmaking ability.

Our bottom 6 is full of quality depth that can do it all - score, defend, and hit. Our 4th line especially has a ridiculous amount of speed to keep the energy and tempo up, and pester other teams' top players until they spend the night in the penalty box.

On defense, McDonagh leads a deep and great group of players. Well rounded and balanced with youth and veteran ship, each pairing can score and defend equally well. Add Bishop in net, a young but elite netminder who earned his Vezina nomination last season, and teams will find themselves struggling to not only score on us but also keep the puck out of their own net.

Vote :stars

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
the delusion is real

Save percentages over the past 4 seasons:

Carey Price: .91775

Kari Lehtonen: .9175

Definition of delusion: "an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder"

Is English your first language?

BigBenSF*

Save percentages over the past 4 seasons:

Carey Price: .91775

Kari Lehtonen: .9175

Definition of delusion: "an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder"

Is English your first language?

using save percentage and going back four years ago is a really great way to make your argument look worthless

Price had a GSAA of 23.51 last year. Lehtonen had 9.68.

if you want me to vote for your team at least be somewhat objective

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
using save percentage and going back four years ago is a really great way to make your argument look worthless

Price had a GSAA of 23.51 last year. Lehtonen had 9.68.

if you want me to vote for your team at least be somewhat objective

In 2012-13 Kari Lehtonen had a GSAA of 4.48.

Price had -7.34 (worse than Anders Lindback. Yikes)

In 2011-12 Kari Lehtonen had a GSAA of 14.36.

Price had 5.49

Why are you voting when you're not even in this game?

West Coast Bias*

:sharks

Zach Parise / Joe Thornton / Max Pacioretty
Milan Michalek / David Backes / Valtteri Filppula
Alex Burrows / Cody Hodgson / Brenden Gallagher
Jussi Jokinen / Sean Couturier / Tommy Wingels

Ryan Suter / Roman Josi
Dan Boyle / Paul Martin
Tom Gilbert / Johnny Oduya

Jonathan Quick
Thomas Griess

Here are the Sharks. We're probably better than the Stars, and if you consider the skaters a wash, you can't deny the goaltending advantage I have.

BigBenSF*

In 2012-13 Kari Lehtonen had a GSAA of 4.48.

Price had -7.34 (worse than Anders Lindback. Yikes)

In 2011-12 Kari Lehtonen had a GSAA of 14.36.

Price had 5.49

Why are you voting when you're not even in this game?

lol past years

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
lol past years

RareDentalAuklet.gif

Last season is a past year

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:wings

Marleau- Datsyuk - Stamkos
Lucic- Pavelski - Ryan
E. Kane - Brassard - Jagr
Ennis - Legwand - Brouwer

Giordano - Weber
Kronwall - Beauchemin
Dekeyser - Bieksa

Miller
Montoya

We have star power everywhere and depth for days. Great two way centers with wingers that flat out know how to put the puck in the back of the net. To give you an idea of the firepower on this team, last year it combined for 341 goals even with Stamkos and Datsyuk missing half the season each.​

Vote :wings, the Islanders have a solid forward group but their defense would have zero chance against this monster of an offense. I have three, arguably, four guys better than any defenseman he has.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
[fieldset=Your Dallas Stars]

James van Reimsdyk ($4.250M) - Ryan Getzlaf ($8.250M) - Alexander Ovechkin ($4.769M)
Wayne Simmonds ($3.975M) - Jason Spezza ($7.000M) - Chris Stewart ($4.150M)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000M) - Adam Henrique ($4.000M) - Nikolai Kulemin ($4.188M)
Daniel Paille ($1.300M) - Andrew Cogliano ($1.500M) - Ryan Garbutt ($1.800M)
Carl Söderberg ($1.008M)

Ryan McDonagh ($4.700M) - Brian Campbell ($7.143M)
Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000M) - Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000M)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500M) - Cody Franson ($3.300M)

Ben Bishop ($2.300M)
Anton Khudobin ($2.250M)

Salary Cap - $85.000M
Cap Hit - $81.383M
Cap Space - $3.617M
[/fieldset]

Vote :stars #1!

There's pretty much nothing our first line can't do - they can dominate you physically with their size, shut you down in the defensive zone, hold on to the puck until you can't skate anymore, or score at will. All three players are elite at what they do, and adding them all together makes for a scary combination.

Our second line continues with that trend, a hard-hitting line that can dictate the pace of a game with their physicality and playmaking ability.

Our bottom 6 is full of quality depth that can do it all - score, defend, and hit. Our 4th line especially has a ridiculous amount of speed to keep the energy and tempo up, and pester other teams' top players until they spend the night in the penalty box.

On defense, McDonagh leads a deep and great group of players. Well rounded and balanced with youth and veteran ship, each pairing can score and defend equally well. Add Bishop in net, a young but elite netminder who earned his Vezina nomination last season, and teams will find themselves struggling to not only score on us but also keep the puck out of their own net.

Vote :stars

member 202355

VOTE :ducks2

Daniel Sedin - Mikko Koivu - Claude Giroux
Scott Hartnell - Travis Zajac - Jarome Iginla
Martin Hanzal - Mikhail Grabovski - Shane Doan
Nick Bonino - Tyler Bozak - Matt Read

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Jay Bouwmeester - Kris Letang
Andrej Sekera - Mike Green

Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:isles

Ryan O'Rielly - Tyler Seguin - Patrick Kane
Chris Kunitz - Henrik Sedin - Marian Gaborik
Ales Hemsky - Vincent Lecavalier - Jason Pominville
Steve Ott - Andrew Shaw - Mikkel Boedker

Keith Yandle - Tyler Myers
Brendan Dillion - Dustin Byfuglien
Brayden Coburn - Johnny Boychuk

Pekka Rinne
Corey Crawford​

Vote for the Islanders cause..... WHY NOT

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'd honestly like even one explanation for how that Islanders team is better.....

My defense absolutely ***** his. We're talking about guys like Weber, Giordano, and Kronwall compared to Yandle, Myers, and Byfuglien. If you honestly think any of those guys can stop players like Stamkos, Datsyuk, Pavelski, Marleau, Ryan, Lucic, etc....

The offenses are much closer but I'd still take mine pretty easily. The only place he arguably has me is his second line.

In goal, he has a goalie who was formerly considered elite who is coming off of two very mediocre seasons at best, especially last year. Miller, despite having a poor playoffs (as with the rest of the Blues) is still coming off of a fantastic year. I guess you could call this a win for the Islanders if you really want to but I still don't see how the difference in defenses makes up for that at all.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Anaheim is a great team, no doubt, but I think it's actually a lot closer than the standings show so far, and that we can actually come out on top.

On offense, we've got more firepower and diversity. The main thing Anaheim has going is their depth - something we have just as much of, if not more. Our forwards also have more of a specific role for each line, while Anaheim just has a hodge-podge of forwards playing with players who don't compliment each other, many of them even out of position.

On defense, there's no doubt that Anaheim has more talent. But Dallas can definitely compete. McDonagh - Campbell is close enough to Keith - Seabrook to give them a run for their money. Our second pairing, the German duo, is likely to outperform Anaheim's second pairing in the playoffs, as both Ehrhoff and Seidenberg step up their game in the postseason, while Letang and Bouwmeester have had lackluster showings throughout their career. Our bottom pairings are similar as well, close enough to be even, and it's a bottom pairing anyway.

In net, there's no denying that Bishop outperformed Price last season, and there's no reason to expect any different any time soon.

We've got the upper-hand in the forwards and goaltending departments, and the defense is close enough to cement Dallas as the team that should move on to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Aela*

I'd honestly like even one explanation for how that Islanders team is better.....

My defense absolutely ***** his. We're talking about guys like Weber, Giordano, and Kronwall compared to Yandle, Myers, and Byfuglien. If you honestly think any of those guys can stop players like Stamkos, Datsyuk, Pavelski, Marleau, Ryan, Lucic, etc....

The offenses are much closer but I'd still take mine pretty easily. The only place he arguably has me is his second line.

In goal, he has a goalie who was formerly considered elite who is coming off of two very mediocre seasons at best, especially last year. Miller, despite having a poor playoffs (as with the rest of the Blues) is still coming off of a fantastic year. I guess you could call this a win for the Islanders if you really want to but I still don't see how the difference in defenses makes up for that at all.

1. You already know my opinion on that.
2. Agreed
3. Rinne not elite? Mediocre seasons? He was injured/coming off injury in both of those seasons, and still put up decent numbers. He's not injured anymore. And when he's not injured, he generally puts up pretty great numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad