Trade: [NYM/TOR] Marcus Stroman for Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Maybe Toronto had no intention of trading him to the Yanks or Redsox. But if they had intentions of trading him in the division the price was higher than what the Mets gave up.
I think this deal is for next year and beyond. The odds are pretty slim they get into a WC slot. All though stranger things have happened. After what the Blues did I have difficulty figuring things out in sports now

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i view stroman the same way i view bauer. they're both talented but they both have baggage. stroman is cocky bordering on arrogant (which is fine, i don't care) but gm's are so shit scared about rocking the boat anymore that it makes you think whether there were other gm's who just didn't want to bring him into their locker room.

bauer pulling a dibble yesterday was brought up pretty much everywhere as having an effect on his trade value in the industry. makes you wonder about stroman's personality appealing to other teams. the mets are a dumpster fire and don't seem to know or care any better.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
The Stroman "Mad about ending up with the Mets trade" is straight up WRONG.

Stroman tweeted the explanation: He had an exit interview where he voiced his displeasure about things that he felt the team had handled poorly. (I'm not saying "Stroman was trashing the Jays, not the Mets!" I'm saying that when you're a competitor and you like your situation but success doesn't follow, it's way more frustrating than a situation where everything is miserable. If you have no chance of success, you just laugh and quietly want to GTFO. You're loud about it when you think ONLY THIS stands between the organization and greatness).

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Mets are in need of a rebuild and are trying to contend with, what, 7 or 8 teams for the #2 WC spot??

They are not in need of a rebuild. You rebuild when you don't have a core of talent in the right age range to be successful.

The Mets have the reigning Cy Young, the hardest throwing starting pitcher in baseball, the next NL Rookie of the Year, MLB's leader in batting average, four other really solid young controllable pieces. And their nine bad veteran contracts make $96 million.

The Mets need to swap out the short-term veteran mistakes (Vargas, Frazier, Cespedes, Lowrie, Familia, Lagares) for different supplemental players.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That Brodie might have screwed Brodie by setting the market so low with Stroman that they don’t get value for Syndergaard and thus don’t trade him would be amazing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Stroman is such a piece of garbage as a human I am surprised that he didn't get as much in return as people think. I could see if people don't follow his career, and see how mediocre at best, he is could think he should go for more but if you watch him pitch and listen to him talk for any length of time you can see he is a guy any team that wants to win should stay far away from.

I am no Jays fan by any means but it will be nice to get this sack of garbage out of Canada, hopefully never to come back.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Stroman is such a piece of garbage as a human I am surprised that he didn't get as much in return as people think. I could see if people don't follow his career, and see how mediocre at best, he is could think he should go for more but if you watch him pitch and listen to him talk for any length of time you can see he is a guy any team that wants to win should stay far away from.

I am no Jays fan by any means but it will be nice to get this sack of garbage out of Canada, hopefully never to come back.

You seem upset.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Jesus.

The guy is a bit of a high-strung princess. But there's nothing to suggest he's a garbage human being. He seems well-liked by his teammates, is clearly a very hard worker to get where he has, hasn't had any off-field criminal incidents, and was nominated for the Roberto Clemente Award last year for his off-field charity work.

But he quick-pitches guys sometimes! And has made a couple dumb comments on Twitter! SACK OF HUMAN GARBAGE!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Jesus.

The guy is a bit of a high-strung princess. But there's nothing to suggest he's a garbage human being. He seems well-liked by his teammates, is clearly a very hard worker to get where he has, hasn't had any off-field criminal incidents, and was nominated for the Roberto Clemente Award last year for his off-field charity work.

But he quick-pitches guys sometimes! And has made a couple dumb comments on Twitter! SACK OF HUMAN GARBAGE!

I think if you listen to him in interviews and see his tweets it is clear what kind of scum he is.

But great for him for not being a criminal. What an amazing achievement.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

You seem upset.

thumb_pretending-to-be-happy-hiding-crying-behind-a-mask-blank-54291350.png

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think if you listen to him in interviews and see his tweets it is clear what kind of scum he is.

I think you might have some deeper issues here.

I've listened to plenty of his interviews. A bit of an entitled princess = scum and human garbage. Gotcha.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

This is actually pretty entertaining, so let's keep this going.

What is it that Stroman says, in your opinion, that makes him "scum"?

I'm dying to know. :laugh:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think you might have some deeper issues here.

I've listened to plenty of his interviews. A bit of an entitled princess = scum and human garbage. Gotcha.

No deeper issues just can’t stand listening to him constantly blame everyone else for his own issues, constantly whine about about getting no respect and constantly bashing the team that pays him millions of dollars.

Is he the worst person on earth? No but that doesn’t mean he gets a free pass. He is an awful person and the country is better having him out of it. Sports dans in the country are better off not having to listen to his crap anymore.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
See my post above.

Ok, well, we all had a pretty good understanding of Stroman prior to this deal, already well aware he wasn't exactly on the best terms with Shapiro/Atkins.

That's been common knowledge for a few years now. Stroman's an emotional guy, and unapologetic on top of that.

Hardly makes him an awful person or scum, though.

I thought maybe he ran over your dog or something, because you seem quite sour on the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad