Speculation: Nylander XX - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
One comment saying Domi > Nylander and now Drouin > Nylander. Easy to say I guess when Nylander hasn't played this year, but the fact of the matter is Nylander's last TWO seasons have been better than any season either of those two players has had in their careers so I'm not sure how that logic comes about. They're both off to great starts this season sure, but you don't think Nylander would be sitting at 20+ points as well if he were in the lineup on this offensive juggernaut? Let's wait until Domi or Nylander actually have a better season than Nylander before anointing them the better player.

Nylander is better than both of them combined lmfao at hf

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Exactly my point, you don't think Drouin would possibly have 70, 80 + points playing with Mathews, or Marner? So it does not make Nylander any more valuable, in fact I would argue with Nylander signing for 7.5, or 8 Million Drouin would be more valuable. We live in a cap world, and salary can really hinder a players worth, case in point Price etc and many before him who's value went to basically zero after their contract. I am not saying Nylander will have no value, but it will definitely hinder how much he is worth.

Hey very well might. But there's nothing he's done so far that shows he would outscore Nylander in the same situation. I'm not saying Nylander is leaps and bounds better than Drouin by any means, but you're stating Drouin IS better than Nylander. That is a baseless claim because what we've seen from both players up to this point in their careers doesn't support it.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Has anyone heard he purchased a plane ticket to Toronto for tomorrow...because i didnt

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Oh that's easy...."overpaid 60 point winger!!!" or "Leafs D sux...should have traded Nylander!!!"
Lol. Almost certainly.

I should have said what the spin from the Leafs and Nylander will be. It will be interesting to see what they say after this is signed as neither has really said much at all during the negotiations.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
It's actually not that bad of a deal. Petry would most definitely play with Rielly which would improve our top pairing, plus he's signed for two more years. Drouin would play with Matthews and his numbers would explode. Gardiner will be gone next year anyway and Dermott is ready to take 2nd pairing duties. It actually fills a couple of needs for the Leafs. Dubas would most likely ask for the Habs 1st instead of the 2nd though.

More like Bergevin will ask for the leafs' 2nd instead of giving a second

Petry at $5.5M for 3 yrs>>UFA Gardiner
Drouin at $5.5M for 5 yrs = or > Nylander looking for $8M

Why do habs give a second again ?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Wouldn't it be funny if he signs the last moment and then the Mapple leafs office loses power and cannot fax the docs to the league in time?
I'm sure that wouldn't stop the league from approving the contract. They still have phones to call the league and explain the situation.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Nope. The Habs need Petry more then a forward. We're down to Petry, a rookie, a vet and AHLers. That's scary enough without making it worse.
I get that, but I am one of the few that is looking to the future and build on youth since mostly likely we will not be contenders for possibly another 3+ years.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
at 11:59am--right

are leaf fans at least slightly concerned that he is still in Sweden?

Somewhat but if the reports are true and he’s looking for north of $6-something then he can stay there. He’s a very good player but he is the last of “the three” that we can afford to overpay. He’s worth 6.3-6.7 based on comparables over 6-7 years. If he wants 2-3 years he’s worth less.

I want him back not for under value and not for over value. He’s worth somewherbos the kid 6’s IMO. His next contract is his big in, just like every other player coming off a rookie deal (McJesus excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad