Speculation: Nylander XX - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sign and trade doesn't make any sense in that situation, he isn't an UFA. Team just has to ask permission to discuss a new contract before trading for him so they know what he's looking for. Ridiculous.

Berger is full of shit but a player, even a RFA has to be the teams property as of the most recent trade deadline to sign them for 8 years. If Nylander were traded the only way the acquiring team gets 8 years USA sign a trade which is 1 reason they might do it.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It looks like 6.75 x 6 years and will be announced by Wednesday.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
It looks like 6.75 x 6 years and will be announced by Wednesday.
That would be an amazing get for Toronto. Imagine if Lamoriello submits an offer sheet before then! That said, I'm fairly convinced he's waiting for Matthews.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Dubas pulls fast one on everybody...

8 years at league minimum, leafs sign his dad to a 8 year 9 million dollar deal to be an advisor.
Trade for his brother, 8 years at league minimum at do the same deal with the mother.
Love it .. Michael will take the money and run... poor Willy will be left with his League minimum contract

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Dubas pulls fast one on everybody...

8 years at league minimum, leafs sign his dad to a 8 year 9 million dollar deal to be an advisor.
Trade for his brother, 8 years at league minimum at do the same deal with the mother.

Hilarious idea. Lou would be so proud. Seriously though, what a shit storm that would create. Lol.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
I like how agents pretend they are all about the player. Let’s be honest, their cut has to factor into a lot of these talks, even if it isn’t mentioned.

Reactions: Morrison

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I like how agents pretend they are all about the player. Let’s be honest, their cut has to factor into a lot of these talks, even if it isn’t mentioned.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are legal contracts set up between family members when they go pro as standard practice.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Berger is full of **** but a player, even a RFA has to be the teams property as of the most recent trade deadline to sign them for 8 years. If Nylander were traded the only way the acquiring team gets 8 years USA sign a trade which is 1 reason they might do it.

And you never know what nylander would demand. He might start uping the price.

Reactions: Morrison

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I feel like even if he signs he will get run out of town by fans and media. I just don't think there's any coming back from this in a market like Toronto unless he is amazing after signing.

Reactions: McClelland

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
What’s the record for most talked about player? This has to be up there.

I kind of want to see Nylander go unsigned on Dec 1 and every other year until he reaches UFA just to see how many threads we will end up with. Realistically though chances are he won't be sitting out for the next 5 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad