Nylander vs. Larkin

Who's the Better Player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Larkin looks it this year, but I don’t think we’ll find out for another couple seasons. Too early to call but voted Larkin.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I'd prefer not to see skewed results in this poll...

... So it should be noted that both @axman15 and @slimbob8 voted "Impartial voting for Nylander" and upon viewing their profiles are clearly Leafs fans. :thumbu:
It goes both ways, there are bunch of leaf hating petty posters on this site that are pretending to be impartial.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'll never understand why people use the "Impartial fan" as an option in a poll

You'll have 10+ Leafs fan select that option before this poll is done.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Congrats @WingsMJN2965 your franchise player is probably as good or slightly better than our 5th best player.

I would hope so considering you've as many top 10 picks in the last 6 years as we've had in the last 30. You can thank @The List Of Jericho for the absurd commentary on the Point/Nylander thread.

The peak truly was how Drai is nothing special without McDavid and yet he has consistently outproduced Nylander with Matthews.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Mar 14, 2011

Why does it matter? Most of these impartial fans don't even watch and/or analyze the advance stats of the players in question, this is why so many of these polls looks down right silly a few months after they are made; the Rantanen vs Draisaitl and Rantanen vs Keller vs Tkachuk polls from earlier this year for example, looks just downright silly right now. Really, unless someone actually puts up a compelling argument (Leafs fan, Wings fan or not), then I see this polls as being nothing more than good fun and should be taken with a grain of salt.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I'd prefer not to see skewed results in this poll...

... So it should be noted that both @axman15 and @slimbob8 voted "Impartial voting for Nylander" and upon viewing their profiles are clearly Leafs fans. :thumbu:

Because I refuse to ever select the "team x fan voting" options in any poll. They're completely pointless IMO and you only see them in polls involving the Leafs. All it does is suggest that Leaf fans are incapable of making an unbiased vote so the rest of the fans can simply ignore the leaf option when evaluating the results. Which is ridiculous because for each biased Leaf fan that will vote the Toronto option no matter what, you've got a biased Leaf hater that will vote the non Toronto option no matter what. It all evens out so just exclude those pointless options to begin with. It's not accomplishing anything.

But either way, thanks for wasting your own time to dig through all the poll results and keeping these forums safe from Leaf fans possibly picking the wrong option! I know I'll be able to sleep better at night knowing you're watching over things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Larkin pretty easily. Better contract, better all around player. Just loved this recent OT winning goal off of a Tavares give away.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016

And also you've got the Winter Soldier voting impartial for Larkin here which just furthers the point I'm making about the meaningless splitting up of voting options. There's not a single person on these forums that would consider him impartial in any way shape or form when it comes to the Leafs. Yet when people view these results his vote will be viewed as more valuable than the ones in the "Leaf fans voting" option because it's "impartial".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad