Proposal: Nylander to the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
If we took away all outside considerations of history, division, rebuild status, etc...

I'd be looking for something like:

Nylander+Zaitsev

for

Kotkaniemi+Petry
Zaitsev looks to be bouncing back. I doubt Petry is all that much better then zaitsev right now. Hard pass on this deal too.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Willy to the Habs for Lord Byron, Josh Brook and a top 10 protected 2019 1st (option for Habs to give it or unprotected 2020)

Leafs get a cost controlled versatile winger with a ton of speed, surprisingly good D prospect and top draft pick

Habs get Nylander to play centre.

Nylander
Kotka
Suzer
Poehling
These just get dumber and dumber....

Reactions: Brock Radunske

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Who the hell is Josh Brook? LMAO!

Byron? Like he matters.

Then you want to protect the draft pick? Being a top 5 pick is the only gamble that might make it worth anything.

Don’t ever make me take the Leafs side again with such bad proposals.

Reactions: MendelMu

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
When did Nylander suddenly become a top C?
If we took away all outside considerations of history, division, rebuild status, etc...

I'd be looking for something like:

Nylander+Zaitsev

for

Kotkaniemi+Petry

You're not getting a very promising player on his ELC for that package.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
and the leafs laugh at the habs trying to get nylander for a 3rd line winger, a prospect that isnt even one of their best, and a non top 10 pick.

Sergachev might have gotten it done. the habs dont have the pieces now unless its something like unprotected 1st+ Suzuki

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Willy to the Habs for Lord Byron, Josh Brook and a top 10 protected 2019 1st (option for Habs to give it or unprotected 2020)

Leafs get a cost controlled versatile winger with a ton of speed, surprisingly good D prospect and top draft pick

Habs get Nylander to play centre.

Nylander
Kotka
Suzer
Poehling

Oh gawd, I just threw up...

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Lolll this is comedy at this point.

Josh flippin Brook and Paul Byron are non factors at this point. And you have the audacity to put conditions on the 1st? :laugh:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Very likely untrue. Dubas I’m sure has some GMs with active offers on speed dial.

Obviously the preference will be to keep and re-sign him, but let’s be realistic. Of course Dubas will have vetted his options.
"Our major focus has been on longer term. He’s a player that we see as being a fit with our team for the long-term future. The whole time I’m here until they kick me out one day, William is a part of the group. That’s been our focus."

doesn't sound like he wants to move him

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Trading Nylander to the Habs is a deal that at least makes sense for both clubs. The value proposed by OP isn’t right, but it’s not terrible like some would pretend.

Nylander, IN TORONTO, will never be more than a highly skilled 1RW. In Montreal, and a few other clubs, he’s a 1C.

From Willy’s POV, that’s bank, because 1C is paid more than 1RW 9/10. If Willy is indeed hoping for Draisaitl money, then that’s where he will get it. On a team like Montreal.

Toronto isn’t going to pay him 1C money to be a 1RW. Some would even argue 2RW behind Marner.

If the Leafs shop Nylander, it will be to a team like Montreal. Thin up the middle.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
"Our major focus has been on longer term. He’s a player that we see as being a fit with our team for the long-term future. The whole time I’m here until they kick me out one day, William is a part of the group. That’s been our focus."

No, he doesn't want to move him. But if the Cap hit required, to keep him on the team, means there isn't enough for Matthews and Marner, it only makes sense to see what we can get for him... maybe improve the Right Side D... maybe there is a move that makes sense, maybe there isn't... preference obviously to keep him on the team, at a Cap hit that allows for the full team to be kept together.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
No, he doesn't want to move him. But if the Cap hit required, to keep him on the team, means there isn't enough for Matthews and Marner, it only makes sense to see what we can get for him... maybe improve the Right Side D... maybe there is a move that makes sense, maybe there isn't... preference obviously to keep him on the team, at a Cap hit that allows for the full team to be kept together.
that's a big if, and it's something that isn't the case yet. Maybe later it will be (I doubt it), but he's still not looking to move him at this point

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

No of course not. But rule #1 for any great strategist: Have a plan.

Rule #2 is never rely on the plan.

Dubas’ plan is to re-sign Nylander and keep him in the group.

But if he hasn’t spoken to a few GMs long enough to have some reasonable deals in place, then he’s guilty of relying on his plan.

You have to leave yourself an out.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lolll this is comedy at this point.

Josh flippin Brook and Paul Byron are non factors at this point. And you have the audacity to put conditions on the 1st? :laugh:
What's so funny of putting a condition on a first that is likely to be a top 5 pick with great odds at either Hughes or Kakko. No team would give that up for Nylander.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mete + Gallagher

For

Nylander

Toronto needs defence plus they get a solid replacement at RW.
If/when Nylander is traded this is the type of deal that will go down. 2 nickels for a quarter type thing but a younger player than Gallagher.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Who the hell is Josh Brook? LMAO!

Byron? Like he matters.

Then you want to protect the draft pick? Being a top 5 pick is the only gamble that might make it worth anything.

Don’t ever make me take the Leafs side again with such bad proposals.

Brooks likely is the top Habs D prospect at this point. He’s not an A ranked prospect or even a B ranked prospect but I think he would be right around that B- level, possibly even a slightly bit lower.

For Toronto comparison, I’d say him and Liligren are comparable, I prefer Brooks personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia