Proposal: Nylander to NYR

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Leafs aren't trading a proven 60 point winger who's only 23 with top line potential for a defensive prospect who looks like he'll be great but hasn't done jack all in the NHL. Next.
fwiw, 60 point production is well, well into 1st line territory. That's usually around the 65th best point total for a foward in the NHL, there are 93 first line forward positions in the NHL

he's also had an unlucky career so far, 8.6% OIsh% where most top 6 forwards are close to 10%, that adjustment is worth around 10pts a season if it does normalize

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's laughable that K'Andre Miller is percieved to have more value (ON HF-Boards) than Willie Nylander.

Nylander has had back to back 60 point seasons. His bad half-a-season is an outlier.
He just tore up the hockey world cup (competing against the likes of Kucherov, Ovie, Malkin, Kane, etc..)

Nylander has ONE bad HALF-A-SEASON, and, suddenly he's a cap dump. Yes, I do realize I am on HF-Boards where shiny new toys are a fetish ---- HOWEVER, you need to fathom reality.
As someone who actually watches K'Andre Miller play every weekend I can see why he wouldn't be available. I've seen the likes of Ryan McDonagh, Justin Schultz, Jake Gardiner, Brendan Smith, Tom Gilbert, etc (really good college players) come through. I'm fairly certain that Miller is going to be at the very least second best on that list, if not better than McDonagh as well.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
William Nylander
Jake Gardiner

for

K’andre Miller
Vlad Namestnikov
2020 2nd round pick

I floated the general idea of this on the Rangers board, and most were not receptive - but I’d want to gauge other perceptions

If not this deal, is there a variation around Miller for Nylander that works?

Thanks.

No trade involving nylander will work because the rangers don’t want him , Miller is going to be a staple on the rangers d for years to come so I have no interest in trading him and this is a horrible trade for the rangers

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I already knew a bunch of Ranger fan reactions, I even acknowledged that in my original post.

The Gardiner thing was dumb, whoops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad