Confirmed Signing with Link: Nylander re-signs with Leafs ($6.96M AAV For 6 Years) - XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
woow this is such a good deal for the time being damnnn leafs yall did really good

happy?

you're welcome, merry christmas

let's go bump that Muzzin deal now

Reactions: Duck Off

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
UGH WHY IS THIS BEING BUMPED. THIS BUMP HAS ME TRIGGERED.

I can't deal with any Leafs positivity so any sight of it has me TRIGGERED.

But if this were some sweetheart like Aho, it would be a lovely little bump for all, wouldn't it?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Everyone knew he would bounce back to his 60-something point self. It was just fun to burn the annoying Leafs fans (which is not all of them) about it when he was getting 10.278

I don't think 7.500avv is a steal BTW. I think it's basically in the fair range (and have always said so).

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Everyone knew he would bounce back to his 60-something point self. It was just fun to burn the annoying Leafs fans (which is not all of them) about it when he was getting 10.278

I don't think 7.500avv is a steal BTW. I think it's basically in the fair range (and have always said so).

6.9 actually, so even better ^

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
On pace for a 35G/70P season. Contract not looking so bad now.

24 goals and 62 points in his last 95 games

glad he isnt signed to that contract for my team

career wise... 280 games 72 goals and 125 assists for 197 points

david pastrnak has 89 more goals in just81 more games... a whopping 146 more points

Nicholas ehlers has 34 more goals in just 58 games and 34 more points

filip Forsberg in 148 more games has 87 more goals and 136 more points

these are all guys I would take ahead of nylanders overall game... all being paid much less money.

the contract at minimum is 750k per year too much... but considering how screwed Toronto is on the cap and how nylander really did nothing to suggest he would become more than a 60ish point player... they should have bridged him

the contract isnt good no matter how hot he was for the last 3 games

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.10.08 AM.png

Elite player at a discount.

It's cool if you don't like him. If he wasn't on my team, I probably wouldn't either.

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

david pastrnak has 89 more goals in just81 more games... a whopping 146 more points

these are all guys I would take ahead of nylanders overall game... all being paid much less money.

the contract at minimum is 750k per year too much... but considering how screwed Toronto is on the cap and how nylander really did nothing to suggest he would become more than a 60ish point player... they should have bridged him

are you attempting to calculate production rate? If so, why not just use, you know, actual rate of 5v5 and PP individual production instead of these contextless numbers.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
23 points in 14 games against non playoff teams

12 points in 11 games against playoff teams

16 games where he got 0 points

I had to go through it twice as I screwed up. Might have fudged the numbers a bit.

9 of those 16 games without a point came against playoff teams.

This is based on current standings.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
View attachment 301203

Elite player at a discount.

It's cool if you don't like him. If he wasn't on my team, I probably wouldn't either.

I never understood the big deal with these charts, they are based on average so any players on the top two lines on a ok team should be above average, meaning the without is also a lot of third and fourth line players and they should be below average. It also is a line stat/team stat. He also has like 60% oz start or something. So this is also skewing the fancy chart. I’m not sure you can judge anything from that about 1 player. the +20% threat is also his gap in zone starts.
He’s a good player but the above stats are not really single player stats nor do they factor in anything

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Not trying to be rude but why are career numbers relevant when discussing his play THIS season. He's been really good for the entire season except for a small stretch right before Babs was fired. Since Keefe took over he's been elite. Also assuming you're an Oilers fan, you could only wish you had a winger half as good as Nylander (other than Drai of course). I'm sure their front office would have payed more.

Reactions: Tarmore

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I never understood the big deal with these charts, they are based on average so any players on the top two lines on a ok team should be above average, meaning the without is also a lot of third and fourth line players and they should be below average. It also is a line stat/team stat. He also has like 60% oz start or something. So this is also skewing the fancy chart. I’m not sure you can judge anything from that about 1 player. the +20% threat is also his gap in zone starts.
He’s a good player but the above stats are not really single player stats nor do they factor in anything

It sounds like what you actually don't understand is the charts themselves.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I still can't tell who's happier about his contract - Leafs fans or fans of rival teams.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It sounds like what you actually don't understand is the charts themselves.

Yes I do, by putting someone on the top line with those 2 guys in Boston and comparing that line to league average he’s going to look pretty good, then the rest of the team minus the top line is going to look worse compared to league average, so why are you giving credit to the one guy and not the entire line and why are you pumping him up with comparisons to the rest of the team lines 2-4. Never mind starting 60% in your own zone that also means a 20% zone start advantage against the other lines that have to start in the d-zone on your team because you ate up the offensive zone starts while you were on the ice.
I am pretty sure I understand fairly well. Please do tell what am I missing? This is just another fan interaction gimmick stat with zero substance.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
St. Louis had all those elite players and were last in December last year and hadn't done **** for years and they stumbled into a cup. I think they should be okay.
They made the conference finals once and past the first round a lot of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad